This is a question for anyone that had to rebook a cruise after being cancelled on the Millie's first cruise.
I was wondering because the cruise you got was going to be free, was there any restrictions. Like if the cruise was 10 days did you only get a 10 day in return or how about cat. of cabin booked. Were you given the same cat. Or if you upgraded to say a 14 day or a better cat were you able to pay the difference.
Sorry for all the questions, but we are on the 3-17 Infinity and we are looking at other options, I have a gut feeling and it is not good. We already have 1/2 price so if it gets close they may give us alittle more. HOPE HOPE And they should since our final payment has been taken. And to tell you the truth I'm not rebooking the Infinity!!! We will take our 1/2 price cruise elsewhere. Even though it means giving up my cat 3 BooHoo!!!
We called Celebrity the next day and was able to rebook on the August 12, 2000 sailing. They offered any Celebrity cruise during the next twelve months that had space available. Also, selected RCL cruises were available.
We had a South America cruise booked for Janurary 17, 2001 and considered using the credit for that cruise. However, we chose to rebook the Baltics because of the very good pricing we had received for the South American cruise.
We orginally booked a cat. 2B cabin, but none were available. Celebrity allowed us to book a cat. 2A cabin without any additional charges. The question about paying the difference for other upgrades did not apply since none were available. Celebrity was very helplful with our rebooking with the only problem being the timing of the charges and credits.
We had an excellent cruise and a wonderful time in the Balic's. The problems were minor, but Celebrity could improve their communications both on the ship and at their home office.
We were booked on the cancelled Dec. 3rd Millennium cruise.We were offered one half off on any future cruise or a free cruise on the Horizon from Aruba. We rebooked on the Millennium into a suite. With the discount we were able to upgrade to a suite at about one hundred dollars cheaper than our origional outside with balcony booking.
Glad to hear everything worked out. Also it was interesting that they had some RCI cruises available. We have been on RCl 6 times and this is our first Celebrity experience. Not too good so far.
Also thought about booking a cruise we want to do and then changing if the cruise is cancelled, I guess like you could have used the credit for South American. Thanks Donna
Just a word of caution. We were on the first Infinity booking and received a 50% discount. We had already booked another cruise in Sept. We tried to see if we could get the 50% off on that cruise and Celebrity refused. We could have I suppose cancelled and rebooked seeing as how there were other cabins available (but not the level we booked - Cat 3 on the Infinity and there was a waiting list for this level of cabin, so if we would have cancelled to try to rebook the person on the waiting list would have gotten it) we decided to do a different cruise and save this one because we wanted a Cat3. In case people do decide to book another cruise (as a backup) and the (backup) cruise ends up being sold out for the cabin you want or higher and if the Infinity is cancelled you might not be able to get the discount for you back up cruise.
That's for the info on the backup. I don't think I will book a backup, because we have to hear something by next month I hope.
I'm not too upset if we cancel. Its just the uncertainty. I've already had to rebook hotels once. But luckily we are flexible so if we can't see Hawaii this year we hopefully will go to Europe. But it distresses me that they are advertising reduced cruises at least one sailing already, for Europe. Don't want too many cabins sold before we may have to rebook.
And I know we will not get our cat 3 which is disturbing to us. Donna
We are booked on Infinity April 18, 2001. I've got my eye on the Southern Medit. (Barcelona to Turkey) and am almost hoping that Hawaii is cancelled. However, I'm concerned that Celebrity will not advise us until it is too late to book the Southern Medit. (May 19). We've been to the Medit. 3X and this would be our first time for Greece/Turkey. Hope they tell us something soon.
I know they will take care of us by way of compensation - however, I'm really leaning toward Europe now, but don't want to book until I KNOW for sure that Hawaii is OUT!
We are in the ranks of the lucky few who have booked cat 3's on Infinity. We're booked for the May 1 sailing. In regards to cabin category with the 50% certificates, my TA told me that they are not valid to upgrade into a higher cabin category than the category you were booked in for the cancelled sailing. However, John posted above as to taking their credit from a balcony cabin and upgrading to a suite. Also, Jeff Coudriet, who posts frequently to this board, was booked for a cat 3 on a cancelled Millennium sailing in December. He took his 50% and booked into a Royal Suite on Century. We are looking at doing this on Mercury if our Infinity sailing is cancelled. Mercury is doing an almost identical Pacific Coastal/Alaska sailing to Infinity. The 50% discount off the suite on Mercury will only be about $100 more per person than what we're paying on Infinity.
We ended up with a cat 3 because of the first delay. We were able to upgrade from a guarantee 7 to a 3. I think it was only timing on our part. Someone must have given up a 3 and either cancelled or upgraded themselves.
I did also look at that Mercury sailing. You are right it could be a good replacement just in case. Donna
We were cancelled from a Western carib. cruise because the Millennium was booked in full by a group charter. Due to all the doubts about the Millennium at that time & all comparable rooms being booked for our available dates, we switched to Mercury for an Eastern Carib.. Although at first Celebrity tried to get us to take a different trip on the same ship, our vacation dates were limited by our jobs. Having a super TA & holding firm, we got a very nice discount on a comparable cabin on Mercury and a VERY generous shipboard credit whihc I am sure will cover all our trips & spa. Can't wait to go. We were very disappointed with the cancellatuion but do not regret the switch & felt that the compensation was fair. Next cruise, we will return to RCI. Good luck with all your plans.
I was concerned about the azipod problem on the millenium and did some "internet sleuthing' last night. There are concerns about the Infinity as well, and they are working on them already.
We are in the same situation as a few of you-- we can only cruise on a certain date. How does the cruise line compensate for loss of airfare? We purchased air on our own, and will need a triple and quad cabin ( which are almost sold out on all RCI and Celebrity for that weekend ) what are our options should our cruise be cancelled?
Barbara as far as I know you will be out of luck in regards to airfare reimbursement from Celebrity. If you purchased insurance through another company that includes your airfare you should be okay. You can reschedule flights with a charge from the airline. Celebrity might reimburse you for this charge but you'll have to fight for it. As far as the cabins sometime they freeze so many till the last minute but there are no guarantees. Also, they may know of a agent that is holding some cabins that haven't been sold yet. I wouldn't worry till you here definite. With Celebrity its always a guessing game and you could drive yourself crazy with worry which takes the fun out of looking forward to the cruise. Just plan on having a good time regardless.