Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2001, 12:48 PM
LovetheSea

Default Anyone try the "Jungle Queen" in F.L?

We will be flying in to Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise. I wanted to go somewhere fun for dinner. I found the "Jungle Queen" riverboat dinner cruise on the net. Can't wait for a cruise
It's all you can eat ribs and shrimp while you cruise around Fort Lauderdale. Has anyone tried this? Was it good?
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Carole Dunham

Default RE: Anyone try the "Jungle Queen" in F.L

I absolutely HATED it. It's hokey beyond belief. As each bridge opens you are instructed to yell Hi to Mr Johnson, the bridge keepers. They take you to this island where they give you dinner, however I got really sick. The shrimp tasted as though it was about 5 years from the sea and the rest of dinner was swimming in grease. They give you a very bad, very old fashioned show by a bunch of no talent performers. I have never been so happy to get off a boat in my whole life.

Carole
Old January 8th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

hi ..i have done this a couple of times and its great fun..the cruise takes you down the new river,while they point out all the stars homes and points of interest along the way...once you arrive at the island,there is a family style supper at long tables.after you are filled to the brim with great ribs etc..you watch an vaudeville style show under the stars...the cruise back up the river allows for interior vews of some fabulous homes....go and have a ball............
Old January 9th, 2001, 02:46 PM
AR

Well, good or bad, it's sure been around for a long time. I remember being taken on this ride almost 40 years ago by my aunt who lived in Lauderdale. Then we took our own kids some years later.

I have no idea what it's like now, but it was, shall we say, pretty mass market back then. As in "herd 'em in, herd 'em out."

AR
Old January 11th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Admiral

The trip is fascinating as it affords you a great view of some of the remarkable homes which line Fort Lauderdale's many canals, rivers, etc. (It really resembles Venice in this respect). If you can put up with the "hokey" nonsense from the almost non-stop narration, then it is worth it. The meal is served up on land at the midway point. It is terrible. Save your appetite and go to one of the many good restaurants in Fort Lauderdale on your return!

Ernie