Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Eugene Simkhovich

Default Just got back from Millenium

We (2 adults and a 2 year old) just got back from the Millenium. We were in 8079 cabin and had a great time. Everybody from the room stewart to the asst. restarant manager did everything they could to make our cruise a great one. The food and the service was great. One thing to know is that over the X-mas cruise they had over 400 kids on board. During our cruise there were 70. It does make a difference when you travel.

Please email me if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2001, 09:49 AM
LovetheSea

Default Re: Just got back from Millenium

I am so happy you all had a great cruise! We will be on the Millie in 6 days! What did you think of Catalina Island? Did you go on any excursions? What did you do in San Juan? Is the charge still $25. for the Olympic dining room? Did they have a tropical party on deck one night? Is the pool band still Onyx? Just a few questions
Old January 15th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Eugene Simkhovich

As I am answering you questions keep in mind that we had a 2 year old, so we did not participate in some of the things that were offered.

Catalina Island was very nice. Try to get of the ship early, to get a best spot on the beach. Bring some fresh water to drink (water bottle), they charge $3 for a bottled water. There is water and juce offered when BBQ is served. There is a band and volleyball. We only stayed for about 3 hours, we had to put our 2 year old to sleep, but undrstand there are other activities during the whole day (dancing, games). There is also a small market were you can buy local stuff and cigars. The other option is to stay on board and enjoy the pool. You will have the pool to yourself. Same sea water and no sand.

We did not go on any excursions. During our previous cruises, I schedule my own excursions.

If you want my personal opinion of San Juan, I was not to impressed with it. We walked around for about hour and a half and wend back to the ship. I talked to other people and they liked it more. I'll say get off the ship, look around and make your own oppinion.

We did not go to the Olympic. They only accept reservation for kids of 12 and up. I think the food in the main dining room was as good, but for the speciual occation and a little change it might be worth it. The charge is still $25.

The band is still Onlyx.

I think they did have a tropical party one night. They also had a TexMex party. Again being with 2 year old, we did not do much past 11 pm, but looking at the video at the end of the cruise there are quite a few people who stay past midnight and party. I am sure you will have a great time.

One think we did enjoy is a room with a balcony and having an ability to order the room service from the same Lunch and Dinner Menue as in the main dining room.

If you get a chance go to the Atlantis resort in Nassau. Pretty impressive. You can walk there or take a cab. If you walk the view from the bridge is great.

P.S. People still save space by the pool early, so if you want to get a good space by the pool, you need to be there by about 7am to save a good spot. I know it's not a good practice, but at least you will have a space by the pool.

Hope that helps.

ES
Old January 15th, 2001, 01:43 PM
CRUISEBILL

Glad you had a good time on Millie. Just one question, honestly how about the vibration problems we have heard about? Any comment would be appreciated.
Old January 15th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Angie

We heard the ship had very limited time in some ports due to technical difficulties with pod. Is this true? Are you allowed on Atlantis property? We'd heard you have to pay $25 to get on property. Thanks for any info you can give. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Am surprised there were that many children, given that schools were in session.
Old January 15th, 2001, 07:59 PM
RSG

I'm interested in your arrival and departure time in San Juan.

Thanks
Old January 15th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Admiral

I also just got back from Millennium cruise. We were supposed to arrive in San Juan at 1:00 p.m. Instead, we got there at 3:00 & left there at 10:00 p.m. The only vibration we ever heard was at our table on main floor of dining room at the rear. It was no different than on any other ship we've been on. Most of the time it was hard to tell you were moving. It was very smooth. One night was a little rough after St. Thomas. We heard things banging around but could not figure out where the noise was coming from. It kept me up half the night. However, that was the only negative thing that we experienced. We had a wonderful, relaxing, good time. The ship is beautiful & very comfortable. Service & food excellent & we had very good weather. It was a little chilly in Nassau - but we stayed on the ship enjoying the thalassotherapy pool & the hot tubs mostly by ourselves.
Old January 16th, 2001, 07:50 AM
Eugene Simkhovich

Hi Angie

We had plenty of time for each port. In fact we got to each port about 1 to 1.5 hours ahead of time.

You dont't have to pay to go into the hotel and walk around. I think you pay $25 to go to the beach and visit a separate aquarium area. We did not have time for that.

I don't think 70 kids on the ship that size is a big deal. You really don't see them and it gives you kids an opportunity to find playmates.

Hope that helps

Have a great cruise.
Old January 16th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Eugene Simkhovich

Hi CRUISEBILL,

You know after all the talk about the vibrations, that was the first thing that I was listening for. I did not hear or felt anything different from other cruises. When the ship is moving you can feel a litle vibration, but I would expect that if you are on the big machine with big motors and is moving. After a while we got used to it and do't pay any attention anymore.

Hope that helps.

ES
Old January 16th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Eugene Simkhovich

Hi RSG, I am not sure about an exact arrival time, but I do know we arrived about 1.5 to 2 hours ahead of the schedule arrival. The depature was as schedule. You can check the official arrival and departure times on the Celebrity website or their brochure. On average we arrived at every port 1-2 hours ahead of schedule. Departure was always on time and on schedule.

ES
Old January 16th, 2001, 08:19 AM
CRUISEBILL

Eugene, thanks for the reply. You and many others have stated that the vibrations are not that big of a deal. Now I'm really looking forward to my cruise on Millie in April.

I'm so happy you had a good time, BTW I hope you saved some wine and food for me()!!!

Again thanks for your response.

Wishing you small waves and sunshine.

Cruisebill