Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2001, 10:32 AM
E. Daniel Earnhardt

Default Inflamed Rumors About Infinity

OK, I'm new at this message board stuff and have been a little naive. I now see that some people will take exception to everything just to keep people responding to their gibberish. Certainly most of us posting messages on these boards are not experts, but we do have personal experiences and knowledge that cumulatively can offer valuable information. Unfortunately, some of these characters are not interested in the information as much at they are in poking the fires of uncertainty. Those of us that are posting “above-board” messages don’t have time for this nonsense.

When I see some of these character’s names on message boards in the future, I'll just assume that, no mater what is said, they wont be satisfied. Therefore, I will not respond to any more postings that are obvious frauds.

This especially goes for those that have posted some of the most outlandish rumors I’ve ever heard. Neither Celebrity, nor any other company, would ever tell a customer such trash over the telephone. Even if some of these rumors were true, the information would have been disseminate publicly long before these characters found out about it. Thus, those of us that have a thirst for knowledge about the cruise industry would have already known about it. At least before any of these yahoos posted it on the boards.

Declaration: I plan to be a lot more selective when choosing messages for my responses.

Note: I posted this message under another subject. Afterwards, I thought it might be worth a seperate subject. It seems many others feel the same way.
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2001, 11:00 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Inflamed Rumors About Infinity

Dan,

Very well said and I wholeheartedly agree with you, ignoring these "yahoos" is the best response. I've been following the many threads about the Infinity, we're scheduled on the 3-17 voyage to Hawaii and it's unnecessary to concern oneself with the propaganda roaming around on the boards from these individuals.

Pat
Old January 18th, 2001, 02:05 PM
YAHOO

CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT , THAT BOAT WILL NEVER BE READY BY MARCH 3. IF YOU THINK IT WILL, THEN I THINK YOURE READY FOR A TRIP TO FANTASY LAND.
Old January 18th, 2001, 05:26 PM
saltydog28

Dear "Yahoo",
When I am on any of Celebrity's ships, I am on
FANTASY ISLAND
Pat.
Old January 18th, 2001, 08:26 PM
sea lady

somehow my post got caught up in the rediculous post about celebrity going bankrupt... but the fact still remains that they have not contracted with busses to take us to Ensenada... I ran into this same problem in August with the Feb 17th sailing... no air all sold out didn't pursue it any further then... just arranged my own... which I am now stuck with penalties... I think that there is a 50 50 chance that it will sail but still don't like the idea athat I have money on the street for the trip and they don't want to risk it... if you doubt me call Celebrity and ask to book transfers...
Old January 18th, 2001, 09:03 PM
Admiral

Well... I've been in this business for quite a few years. And, I'm a great believer in "freedom of speech"! Want a word of advice? A remarkable percentage of what I see posted on Cruise Boards has either little basis in fact or is totally anecdotal. I'd suggest you not be bothered by most of it. Rely on people you know and can trust... like your local t/a... and reach your own conclusions. It is hard to find a bad cruise product nowadays. For whatever reason, these boards seem to attract what we call "chronics"... you know... those chronic complainers you hate to go to a restaurant with. Well... they cruise too.

Ernie
Old January 18th, 2001, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Erniemcc wrote:
>
. For whatever reason,
> these boards seem to attract what we call "chronics"... you
> know... those chronic complainers you hate to go to a
> restaurant with. Well... they cruise too.
>
> Ernie

Have to disagree with Ernie here. The VAST majority of posts are very helpful; sharing both positive and negative thoughts with other readers.
The message boards succeed because people want to, and like to, hear other people's "real experiences", as opposed to being quoted facts from a sales seminar handbook.

Plus, I think the VAST majority of readers realize quickly, and differentiate easily, which posts or posters to give credance to.
Frankly I hope the cruise lines don't have the same attitude.. as " we call chronics"..when they're notified of customers concerns. Its much too easy to disregard legitimate concerns with labels like that. Thankfully, I don't think the cruise line do. I believe they try and pay attention to customers comments!!

All cruisers know cruising is the best vacation ,and best vacation value there is. That's why we're all hooked on it. However, not many cruises are perfect, and I believe it doesn't hurt the business at all to discuss both sides of the coin.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
Old January 18th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via Yahoo to James

finally some one thats on the same page.
Old January 19th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Ralph Bias

And how are you to know? Are you the President of Celebrity Cruises? I think not.