Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2001, 06:40 AM
slavearlen

Default Spring Bread Dates???

Does anyone know when spring break starts and ends??? Please help! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Ginny

Default Re: Spring Bread Dates???

Hi! Airlines told us they have booking for spring break from Feb.15 through April 15. We had to book firstclass tickets for Ft. Lauderdale for Millennium March 4 cruise. Could not get coach both ways for two to Orlando, Miami, or anywhere else in Fl within driving distance for Sat. or Sun.
Old January 19th, 2001, 01:50 PM
slavearlen

We are cruising April 22 on Millennium to Western Carribean. Selected that date due to spring breakers in hopes of avoiding them. Sounds like we suceeded. We were able to book hotel and air with no problem. Thanks for the reassurance. Good luck to you as well.
Old January 19th, 2001, 11:32 PM
jcpc

In my past experience, most "Spring Breakers" are on the ships during the middle of March and most "school-age children" are on the ships during the middle of April (around Easter). We're booked on the Century the first week of April - trying to avoid the "Spring Breakers" just like you! Although I believe Celebrity gets a more sedate group of college kids than some of the other lines.
Old January 21st, 2001, 10:22 AM
slavearlen

We're booked 04/22/01 on the Millennium and that was as late as we could book since the Millennium goes elsewhere after that. I agree that Celebrity does attract a more sedate group. Typically we sail in October and that avoids all families and children. Just curious if we were dreaming or that the school age kids should be back in school by April 22. Thanks alot!
Old January 23rd, 2001, 09:34 AM
AR

Ginny:

Curious about where you're flying from that things were that tight.

AR
Old January 23rd, 2001, 11:51 AM
Admiral

AR, we had the same problem booking flights for mid-march from New England to Ft. Lauderdale for under $500 per ticket. Also as a work assignment, I had to find tickets for my boss for Orlando in February. Economy is good and people are traveling. Celebrity usually does not get much Spring break college crowd. The last week of April is school vacation for NH, Indiana (?) and Ohio I believe as we met up with lots of families on the beach in Florida last year. Our very 1st cruise was April 15 and there weren't many children at all on Celebrity.
Bon Voyage and enjoy the Millennium.
Old January 23rd, 2001, 03:29 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

President's Week, February 19-23 is School Vacation Week in Massachusetts.