Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Kenneth

Default Millennium engine problems

I received an e-mail from my travel agent today saying that the Millennium was having some major engine problems this week and operating on fifty percent power. Has anyone heard anything about this? We were on it last week and everything was great.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Millennium engine problems

Hi Ken,
Here is a link to the Cruisemates news article about the Millennium problems that developed last week.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/cm_reports.cfm#story85>

Donnassei
Old January 19th, 2001, 07:46 PM
Mary Lou Scanlon

Kenneth:
I was on the 1/7 cruise also. It did seem as though we were sailing slower than usual as the week went on. I had heard it was experiencing a problem while we were still on the ship. Maybe that is why we got into some ports late? All in all, it was still a great cruise.....I sure wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere!
What was your favorite thing about the cruise?
Old January 19th, 2001, 09:05 PM
karenb&jay

We were also on the 1/7 sailing of the millennium and found no problem with the arrival times in port... most days were early arrivals. only coming into Nassau did the ship seem to be going slow as we were approaching the island. Outside of a little vibration during the cruise, nothing really different that on other ships.. plan to have a great time, without any problems. bon voyage. you wont have any trouble. p.s. travel agents dont always have answers.. i have learned from past experience. jay
Old January 19th, 2001, 09:44 PM
LovetheSea

Slow boat to paradise? We leave at 3 am tomorrow! I hope the ports aren't cut too short? We are really looking forward to this cruise on the Millie. I am just relieved, that they didn't cancel the cruise.
Adios!
Old January 19th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Hi Love the sea,
Bon Voyage, I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise on Millennium, seems the minor problems really don't effect the cruise.

Bon Voyage

Donnassei
Old January 21st, 2001, 01:06 AM
Kenneth

Donna, Thanks for the link to the news article. I noticed some rescheduling of port arrival, but really didn't care, we just really love to ride the ship. Sometimes later in the week I thought that we might have been going slower, but like Mary Lou, sure wasn't in any hurry to get anywhere, that was the whole idea. I guess the best thing we liked about our cruise was the balcony cabin. This was the first that we have had in our 5 cruises. It will be hard to do without one again. It was a great cruise!
Old January 21st, 2001, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Hi Kenneth,
So glad you enjoyed your Millennium cruise, even with the slight problem, hey you didn't even know about it :-) As for the balcony cabin, those are the absolute best, the only way to cruise. May your future cruises have balconies, I know we have to have one now, gosh are we spoiled or what? Happy Cruising!

Donnassei
Old January 21st, 2001, 08:55 PM
smile

We just returned today from the Milli (Unfortunately to 6 inches of snow!) We did not experience any time changes in the ports. We also arrived early in a few ports. We were awakened one morning by the vibration but that was the only time we felt anything. It only lasted about 10 seconds. It was a great cruise!!
Old January 22nd, 2001, 08:22 PM
alexander skabry

agreed...I thought we were actually early on most arrivals (also on the cruise from 1-7). But we were late for a couple of ports on the second week, from 1-14 to 1-21 (we did back to back). By the same token, the engines were even more quiet on the second trip.