Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2001, 01:32 PM
MiaPortia

Default Millie Western Formal Nights

We will be traveling on the Mille in April to the Western Caribbean. We want to dine one evening in the Olympic, but don't want to miss either formal night in the main dining room.
Could anyone that has sailed the Millie's Western route tell me which evenings are formal dress? (I've hear one must make reservations at the Olympic immediately upon arriving on board!) Thanks for your input! Mia
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2001, 04:59 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Millie Western Formal Nights

If I remember correctly the formal nights on Celebrity's western itinerary are second night out and second to last night out. However, go to get your Olympic reservations as soon as you board. The staff there will be able to tell you for sure what the formal nights are. Have a wonderful cruise.

Carole
Old January 22nd, 2001, 05:21 PM
smile

We just returned yesterday from the Western Carib on Millie, and our formal nights were Monday (Captians dinner) and Friday (Grand Buffet).
Old January 22nd, 2001, 08:13 PM
BEAV

Smile,

Was "lobster night" on Monday or Friday? We may choose Olympic on one of the formal nights, but don't want to miss the lobster either!
Old January 22nd, 2001, 08:19 PM
Alexander Skabry

Formal nites are always on Monday and Friday nites. We just came back from a back to back set of Millie cruises, and the second one was Western.

On the first cruise, we went to the Olympic dining room three times (it was seriously that good!!!). I'd suggest you ask for Vladimir for your waiter, and George as your sommelier; but I think the maitre d' that waited on us will already be on his next assignment by then.

Best bet for a lightly attended dining room is the night of your arrival- Sunday. When we went in, we got absolutely incredible food/service, and I think they go out of their way on the first nite to set a great tone for the week.

Hope you enjoy yourselves.
Old January 22nd, 2001, 09:53 PM
MiaPortia

Thanks for your input! I think we'll reserve for Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Since those are the two days at sea, dining in the Olympic should be the perfect ending for those relaxing days! (Can't wait for April to arrive!) Mia
Old January 22nd, 2001, 11:17 PM
BEAV

Mia,

I believe the two sea days on the Western itinerary are Thursday & Saturday. Tuesday is a port day in Calica.

BEAV
Old January 23rd, 2001, 09:26 AM
smile

The lobster was on Friday.
Old January 23rd, 2001, 11:54 AM
Bob and Marjory

How much did they charge to eat in the Olympic restaurant.
Old January 23rd, 2001, 12:54 PM
Mary Lou

Charge was $25 pp. And well worth it, IMHO.
Old January 25th, 2001, 06:14 PM
AR

Do what Carole said: ask the Olympic's maitre d'. He will know. Things change.

The suggestion about the first night is a good one. We've noticed on a couple ships that alternative dining establishments are pretty wide open on the first night. We reckon this is because there's a huge contingent of pax on any cruise that are absolutely clueless about the existence of these places (and a lot of other things too!), and don't find out about them until the word of mouth gets going. Plus, of course the first night is almost always casual.

AR
Old January 26th, 2001, 01:34 AM
max

Hi; I'm a little confused...according to the writeup on the Millennium on this site, they charge 12.00 pp for the Olymic and yet you say 25.00 pp....which is right...I can see spending 12.00 but not sure we'd want to spend the 25.00...does that include the wine by any chance...if you don't want the wine, how much?? just curious...appreciate a reply as we've booked back to back on Feb11th and 18th....thanks
Old January 26th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Does the attire in the Olympic mirror the dress code for the main dining room? That is, if it is casual in the main dining room, casual at Olympic. Formal in main, formal in Olympic. Or is the Olympic attire always business attire?
Old January 28th, 2001, 04:01 PM
AR

It's coat and tie in the Olympic no matter what the dress code for the evening.