Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Cheryl E.

Default Mercury Alaska cruising

Hi, if someone has been the the Mercury for the Alaska cruise, could you please let me know. We are going June 23rd, 2001, and we are going on the Mercury as part of a 14 day tour with Ship & shore Cruises. We have cabins on Deck 5, Panoarama deck, mid ship. Thanks in Advance....Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Mercury Alaska cruising

Hi cheryl,

I've been on Galaxy for an Alaska cruise and I have cruised Mercury. Celebrity does an excellent job in Alaska and it will be better this year than inn the past. Royal Caribbean has built their own train cars for the use of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity passengers. I believe they have built their own hotels as well, but am not 100% sure about that. Mercury is a beautiful ship, my favorite of the Century class ships. Have a wonderful cruise.

Carole
Old February 8th, 2001, 12:03 AM
David Starkey

Have sailed Mercury twice ih Alaska in June for the last two years and love"this ship". In 1999 we did June 15th and the weather was a little cool with quite a bit of snow at some port calls.( Mt Roberts in Juneau had lots of snow). We are sailing the Infinity to Alaska on June 9th this year, but I know I will miss Mercury.(i think this size ship is perfect.)...........Bigger is not always better.....Enjoy Alaska, its my favorite cruise.
Old February 8th, 2001, 10:57 AM
sea lady

It was also my favorite cruise. We did the southern route early in June . The weather was beautiful.(although I heard that the week before was rain rain rain). Alaska is awsome and the Mercury is a lovely ship.
Old February 9th, 2001, 10:59 PM
First Mate

Hi Cheryl
My husband and I are going on Mercury to Alaska on June 1. We have never cruise with Celebrity before, but understand that this is a very good cruiseline with great food. I would be interested in hearing your preparations for the trip. I am so excited. As yet, we do not have a tour package set up, but I hope to add that to our cruise soon.

Thanks in advance for any information you will share.
Judy jjudymac@aol.com
Old February 10th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Yeoman

Hi Judy, we are going with a grup of 10 people so far on the Ship & Shore land and sea tour. We will do the land part first for 7 days and then the cruise for sen days. We got the both with air for $ 3,031.00 per person. This is a great price, so we jumped on it. We chose the Mercury and we have an outside cabin on the panorama deck # 5. When are u going? Are u only do the cruise? Our tour is called the Best of Alaska, and seems really good. Packed with lots of sightseeing and things to do included. Of course the tours off the boat are not included, so I really don't know alot about that. I look forward to hearing from you soon. If u would like to e-mail me I am at Irataxman@aol.com. Cheryl...Oh I am from West Palm bch Fl. Where are you from?
Old February 10th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Yeoman

Hi Carol, thanks for answering my post. We are going on Ship & shores best of Alaska tour with 8 other people. We will be doing the land portion first, and the cruise the last week. I am so glad I got such good responses to my post. It's hard when u don't know a ship line, although I have sailed Royal Caribbean twice before and loved it. I am curious to know what shore options u did, and their cost if u have a chance, could u e-mail me and tell me what u liked, and wha was worth the money to do. thanks in advance..We are booked on deck 5, Panorama deck in an outside cabin. Where were you?...cheryl
Old February 10th, 2001, 06:53 PM
Yeoman

Hi David, thanks for answering my post. I am going with 8 other people on June 23rd. Hope it is not to cold then, the snow is something I could live without, lol...We are from Florida, so I really do not miss the snow. What is the age group of the people on the ship. Our group are all in our early 50s, I hope that we are not to old or too young, lol...We are on Deck 5, the Panorama deck in an outside cabin. Where did u stay?...Did u do any shore excursions? Could u recommend any and do u remember the prices? Much appreciated...Cheryl
Old February 10th, 2001, 06:55 PM
Yeoman

Hi thanks for answering my post. I hope the weather is good, we are from florida, so snow is not something I really want, lol...Did u do any shore excursions? Could u tell which ones u liked and the price of them if u remember? We are doing a land package first for 7 days, and then the cruise for 7 days...thanks, Cheryl