Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2001, 12:52 PM
SuzieQ

Default Have you seen RS on Millennium?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been lucky to stay in or at least tour the Royal Suites on Millennium. Do they REALLY have a hot tub on the verandah like the the deck plan indicates? Any info on these suites is appreciated.
Thanks,
Suzie
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Have you seen RS on Millennium?

Have not toured the suite, but could see the hot tub on the deck from another area of the ship. Never saw it being used......i guess it's not totally private.
Old February 13th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Yes, I have been in both the Penthouse and the Royal Suite. The Royal suite is a two room configuration; Livingroom and dining room combination with two full size sofa's and small entertainment center including lap top hook ups and a separate bedroom. The teak deck has lounge chairs and the jacuzzi is positioned in the corner on this deck. Now the Penthouse is the ultimate in luxury. There are only 2 of them, each corner on the stern on the Penthouse deck. Each again is basically a two room configuration but with extras and huge! The living room offers a full entertainment center, the dining room has a full 6 chair dining table area with a beautiful desk and Grand Player Piano. My new friend actually had his wife believing that he could play the piano. The bedroom again is just like home-HA, HA, huge with King bed, full bureau and huge closets. Off of the bedroom is the 1st. bathroom again Huge! It has a separate enclosed john and bidet, Glass enclosed shower, double marble sinks and then a separate windowed area jacuzzi over looking the deck. All floors are either ceramic tile, parquet wood or elegantly detailed. The 2nd. full bathroom is off of the bedroom and closer to the Kitchen. Yes, the suite comes with a butler, and the kitchen contains a full Ebony side by side refrigerator, microwave, dishes, sink etc. for your personal entertaining. Now the deck is 1/4 the width of the ship! Full length glass sliding doors allow you to enter the deck from either the bedroom or living room. There is a marble topped bar with matching bar stools, many padded chaise lounges, a full umbrella table and chairs and yes, at least a 4 person jazuzzi on the deck. My only regret when I was invited to visit, was that I forgot my camera. I will never forget it! When Millie was experiencing her initial vibrations, these cabins felt it alot! Doors and draws would open and shut in the middle of the night. I think I could handle that little annoyance.
Well it's back to a regular balcony cabin for us!
Old February 13th, 2001, 02:22 PM
SuzieQ

Lynn,

After reading the Millennium reviews, this lack of privacy seems to be apparent. My dillema is that I have looked at Celebrity for three years and chose a different cruise line each year. Once again, Celebrity has me intrigued but here's my dillema: We are happy with HAL and always book a suite (approx 500 sq ft). To get the same size cabin on Celebrity, we'd need a RS. Celebrity seems to be twice the price of HAL. I could almost say it would be a once in a lifetime cruise if we had our own hot tub,etc to justify the difference...but I don't want to be a spectacle for the passengers above! YIKES! I'm still going in circles, but thank you for reminding me of the realities of this ships layout.

Suzie
Old February 15th, 2001, 12:21 AM
Admiral

I've seen the suites before the ship entered service, and they are truly a sybaritic experience -- jacuzzi on a private deck, what could be more wonderful in life!
Wish I'd been born rich instead of beautiful