Is anyone else out there booked on the 4/15/01 Eastern Caribbean Millie sailing? Are you at all concerned that it won't come out of drydock on time?
Celebrity told me that they are booking people on the 4/15 sailing that were on the cancelled 4/1 and 4/8 sailings - is this true? Did anyone out there do this? If so, it seems that Celebrity must be pretty certain that they will be ready to go on 4/15.
I am afraid that we will find out just days prior that the ship isn't ready to sail, and will not be able to make alternate plans for another trip at such short notice.
Any comments that would help assure me would be much appreciated!
My wife and I are going on the 4/15 Millie cruise. Heard that this was a minor fix and that they are doing everything possible to be on time. They decided on the dates so that the spring break crowd in mid-March could take their trips and the Easter vacationers for 4/15 could go too. Don't think that there is any room on this cruise. Last time I checked, there were only about 20 cabins left empty. Hope to see you there!
i was worried about it when the dry dock was announced, but now I feel it's out of my control. Word from folks on the boards make it sound pretty certain that the time frame is accurate -- however, I've taken my car to the shop before and found it needed a part that would take longer than expected. Since the problem has pretty well been diagnosed prior to the service date, hopefully they will do everything they can to not have to cancel another sailing. However, I wonder if since Celebrity will not be paying for it -- must be some type of warranty or guarantee -- they may make sure that everything is done "right" -- without the necessity of taking her out of service again once she leaves for Europe. --
I have not made alternate plans, but I would think that there is a slight possibility that this sailing may be cancelled. And, if it were cancelled it would be at the last minute. The only bright side is that our compensation would probably be more than a 50% off future sailing --
I spoke with Celebrity when the dry dock was first announced - the people that were cancelled then, 10 weeks prior to their sailing, received 50%. I asked if I would be compensated even more, if it was cancelled just prior, and they said no, it would still be 50%. My travel agent said that she would have to make a big deal about it to them, that whoever yells the most at the point would get the most.
Thanks to all for your comments. I still can't understand why they just didn't take her out immediately, instead of sailing much slower for so many months, other than the fact that they are getting more for the fares in winter, obviously.
i know this might sound like one of those "friend-of-a-friend" stories, but...
my aunt worked directly for the Chandris Brothers (before they sold to Royal Caribbean last year) , so she still has lots of old friends in high places there. She was kind enough to call and talk directly to the chief engineer of the millenium, who assured her it would be ready. as they say...its who you know. and i feel alot better now...she's never steered us wrong yet when dealing with celebrity, this will be our 5th with them. so relax and start planning your wardrobe and packing strategies.
Thanks, Zach's dad, for your comments. I feel better already! Hope to meet you all on the ship. We are looking forward to it and would be very disappointed if it was cancelled. We were on the Mercury (loved it!) on one of her first Alaska voyages, and are hoping the Millenium is even bigger and better!