Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:22 AM
C

Default looking for crew member on Zenith

Any idea how to contact crew on the Zenith?
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2004, 02:51 PM
CruisingChick

Default Re: looking for crew member on Zenith

You can try and write using the following address (comes off the Celebrity Web-site):

CREW MEMBER'S NAME
Attention: Shipboard Crew
ZENITH
Celebrity Cruises
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
Old May 17th, 2004, 03:04 PM
C

Default Re: Re: looking for crew member on Zenith

thank you I will try that!
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:13 PM
jdhart

Default Re: Re: Re: looking for crew member on Zenith

I was just on the zenith and I asked about mail....they gave the same info as above.....some do have computers tho so email is an option once you contacted them by mail.
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:29 PM
C

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for crew member on Zenith

I was just on the Zenith also. Have you been able to contact anyone? I think the mail would take forever wouldn't it? If we could get one crew member maybe we could locate others.
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:14 PM
jdhart

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for crew member on Zenith

I havent tried to contact anyone.....I doubt I will. I do think the mail situation would take a long time. The only way I can see the mail getting to them would be every 2 weeks with thier paychecks.

I had asked our waiters about the mail only because one is going home in 2 weeks to be with his finace (whom he met on a ship....she was a passenger) and we were discussing how hard it must be to communicate.
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:15 AM
C

Wow, I am going to give it a try. Do you think I need a crew number? I read that somewhere that it is almost impossible to track them down unless you have it. I'm not sure how to get that with just a first name!
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:28 PM
jdhart

Kinda sounds like finding a needle in a haystack but I suppose if its that important to you, you will find a way. Good luck!
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:46 PM
dharma174

Hello,

Maybe I can help you. Five years ago I took a cruise on NCL and met a wonderful man who was my waiter. We fell in love and before I left the ship he gave me his mailing address and his crew member number. We maintained our relationship through the mail and through phone calls when he was in port. If the person you are trying to locate is a waiter, he is employed by the catering company that has a contract with the cruise line. The company is called Apollo Ship, Chandlers Inc., 1776 NW 70th Ave, Miami, Fl 33126. If he did not give you his crew member number, I hope you have his complete name. If you do, their Human Resources Department may be able to help you if you tell them what ship he was working on. Typically their contracts are for six or seven months and then they must return to their native country. When their vacation is over and they return, they may not be assigned to the same ship again.

Since I do not know the details of why you wish to contact this crew member, I will assume that maybe you also were captivated by this person. If so, I must tell you, from personal experience, the majority of the crew members working on the ships are doing so because they have wives and families to support back in their native countries. I was deceived for 4 years before I learned that the "love of my life" was actually married with two children. Had I known this at the time I met him, I believe that I would have made a very different decision about becoming involved with him. It is a very difficult and painful existence when you love someone you can rarely see. Yes, it is exciting and thrilling but it can be pure hell!

I wish you luck in your search. If you wish to communicate further about this, please contact me and I would be happy to tell you about my experiences.
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:21 AM
kpk

dharma174 - what a sad story!!! Just wondered how you found out about his double life? My daughter met someone on a ship in March and has been e-mailing. I would hate this to happen to her!
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:12 PM
dharma174

Hello,
To answer your question about how I found out about his other life - well, after so many years, he finally confessed it himself. I had met his brother & his best friend & we all spent vacation time together in Miami between his contracts but they never revealed it to me. I had his parents address & telephone number (he told me that he lived with them & had never been married) & I wrote to him & called him there. He always had a reasonable explanation for everything. He was a master at the game. I believed all the stories I guess because he shared just about everything with me as I did with him. I trusted him.

But, finally after 4 years of lying to me, he finally confessed the truth to me &, of course, I was devastated. I had always had hope that he would give up the life someday & come to this country. When I learned the truth, I stopped communicating with him altogether. But, after 4 months, I heard from him again & I realized that the connection we had was too special & I could not walk away from him forever. He is very unhappy in his life at home but he knows his obligation to his wife, children & his entire family (Mother, Father, Brothers, Sisters & their families) is too strong. He can never leave them. He is their only support in a very poor country.

So, I made the decision, right or wrong, to follow my heart. We love each other very much & always have, right from the beginning. What we share together in the few days every year we can be together is much more than most people ever know in a lifetime. And for that reason, I will wait for him. But it is a lonely, painful existence. Fortunately, I have a good job & can afford to take a cruise once a year to see him. Even though he is not permitted to socialize with me while on board, he is able to get at least one afternoon off so we can spend time together. It has now been 5 years since we met each other & what we feel for each other just grows stronger every day.

The only advice that I can give you is to share my story with your daughter. These men are hired because they have something very special. They are charming, handsome, full of personality and they are trained to treat women very special. It is what they do best. If she choses to continue communicating with this man, she must understand what could happen to her heart.

I am not saying that there is no hope because I did meet one young lady last year while I was waiting at the port for my boyfriend to get off the ship. I learned that she met this waiter on board during one cruise & they fell in love. She decided to remain on board the ship for two more cruises. By the time she left, they were engaged. I have seen her twice after that time while she was waiting to see him. The men who are truly unmarried would love to find an American wife. If they have no family & obligations back home, then there is no problem. But you must always consider that they may be using you in order to get a "green card". After they get that, maybe they will leave.

I wish her luck & sincerely hope that it will all work out for the best. But I hope that she will be very careful. If something does not seem right, she should ask more questions until she gets an answer that she is comfortable with.

Good luck!