Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Hunter Smith

Default Bermuda in September?

I've booked a cruise to Bermuda in September on the Horizon. Has anyone sailed to Bermuda in September? Should I be worried about hurricanes? What is the weather like in Bermuda that time of year?
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Sue Overend

Default Re: Bermuda in September?

We went on the Zenith on 11th September last year. Had a great time - the sea had a bit of a swell, but nothing too bad. There was a hurricane lurking off of Bermuda which gave the captain a few headaches, but they were well aware of it and would have moved us on if it threatened the ship.

Bermuda is beautiful. Apart from our first morning when it was raining very hard, the weather was good, the beaches beautiful and the snorkelling fantastic.

Have fun. If you need any further info, let me know

Sue
Old February 26th, 2001, 07:49 PM
hobbsey

The ride to Bermuda is usually somewhat rogher than a Caribbean cruise, you're in the Atlantic for this one.

We went in Sept. two years ago and had some great weather, and some rain. So, it was a mixed bag. You are booked in the heart of hurricane season but Bermuda seems to get spared much more often than they get hit. But the rpice is great at that time of year.

Good luck and have a great time.

Jeff
Old February 27th, 2001, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill

We sailed on the Zenith a year ago last September to Bermuda. Well,we never made it to Bermuda because of a Hurricane. Celebrity made port stops in Port Canaveral and Naussau. Needless to say there were a lot of upset passengers. Celebrity issued every one of us $200 shipboard credit and $200 credit towards another cruise. It was very disappointing since I love Bermuda so much and taking a cruise there is a very economical way to visit the island. I hope you won't have the same problem. You will love Bermuda and your cruise!!
Old February 27th, 2001, 08:25 PM
jcpc

We're sailing to Bermuda on the Zenith September 8th. There's a group of about 50 of us who go every year in September. It is the heart of the hurricane season, but so far we've never been affected. Usually we have beautiful weather. The price is right and we've all cruises many, many times so we just take our chances. We have a good time no matter what the weather!
Old February 28th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hunter...I hear Bermuda is beautiful. Don't worry about the hurricane's, worry about your boyfriend throwing you overboard!