Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2001, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Kids on the ship.

Hi, I am a first time Celebrity cruiser. My husband, myself, and another couple are planning to travel in May on the Century. Has anyone cruised this time of year and if you have could you let us know the average age of cruisers on this line. We are late twenties and do not want a cruise that is mainly for families. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Kids on the ship.

I just retuned from a Century cruise and found there to be several children on board. Not to many teens but mostly younger ones. They really had a good time. I talked to several of them and they said this was the best trip they had ever had. Lots to do and so much to see. You'll have a wonderful time and so will they.
Pam
Old March 7th, 2001, 05:37 AM
slavearlen

Hi Lisa! We are two single ladies in our 40's who have no interest in joining the children and family reunion cruising times. They are entitled to go just like the rest of us, but we choose dates where they are not likely to be present.
I did sail in May several years ago, early May, and the kids were still in school. Pending graduations, etc. prevented alot of kids and familiies from traveling then. We also went in June and that was definitely a difference - tons of family reunions and alot of kids.
So now we sail in late April or October. Of course, they both have their negatives also. October is still officially part of Hurrican Season and April is tax time. You almost can't win, huh?
We are sailing 04/22/01 on the Millennium to the West Caribbean because all kids go back to school from spring break the week prior. Keep in mind that spring break is different for everyone and starts in March and ends in April.
I understand what you are trying to accomplish. I hope this helps!
Happy Cruising!
Old March 7th, 2001, 09:11 AM
David Starkey

As a long time Celebrity cruiser i would suggest to you that Celebrity ship are never full of kids but sailing dates do affect the amount of teens or kids aboard.
May is a good month to go as most schools are still going and the kids don't start coming until June.. You might get spring break kids on either any March or April sailing.
October should be fine for no kids but hurricans are possible...My wife and I have not had good weather on the 4 sailings we have done in October but maybe thats just bad luck.
Enjoy your cruise, Celebrity is our favorite cruise line.
Old March 8th, 2001, 12:22 PM
AR

I think your advice is right on, but there's one point I don't understand. What does April being the tax deadline have to do with taking a cruise (unless, of course, you're an accountant and can't get away)?

Just curious.

AR