Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2001, 03:13 PM
First Mate

Default Celebrity Sky Suite

Hey,
Has anyone out there stayed in a Sky Suite on the Millennium and are willing to share their thoughts on the experience? Or...has anyone out there been in a suite on any Celebrity ship? I'm curious about how the butler service works out as well as the other perks that Celebrity advertises (i.e butler room service). We have upgraded to a Sky Suite for an upcoming cruise on the new "Infinity". We've never been in a suite, but we just couldn't resist the last minute price to move up. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2001, 04:49 PM
BEAV

Default Re: Celebrity Sky Suite

I stayed in a Category 1 suite on Mercury last year. We loved the extra space over that of standard cabins. The butler service was nice. They would deliver capaccino to your room, came by with a tea & sandwich/pastry cart in the afternoon. Then again about an hour later with appetizers....like you need it! Also they delivered express tender tickets the night prior to ports of call without docking facilities.

As to Sky Suites, this is my opinion. I would love to stay in one on either the Galaxy or Mercury, due to their location and the huge balconies. If I were sailing Millennium, Infinity or Summit, I would rather book into a category 3 as opposed to a Sky Suite since the cat 3's are both larger staterooms and balconies than Sky Suites. I would gladly give up butler/suite perks in the Sky Suites of these three ships for the lesser-fare category 3 cabins.

During a conversation with my TA yesterday, he noted a client was booked into a Sky Suite on Millennium, and, after studying the deck plan, called back and switched to a category 3.

Just my opinion...
Old March 8th, 2001, 06:24 PM
rvguys

We sailed Jan 7 on the Millennium and had a Sky Suite, we loved the service, and our butler was great. He made reservation, help us with a cocktails party we had in the room before going the Olympic Dinning Room. The suite is a great size for the price. He totally enjoyed it.
Old March 8th, 2001, 09:58 PM
Steve S

Default Get Message?????

Beav,
Did you get my message on the Zaandam 9-29-01????
Old March 8th, 2001, 11:32 PM
JeffCoud

For a complete take on the joy of butler service and the royal suite, see my recent write up of our Century sailing in January at:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~m12q47/century.htm

There is a link to my photo gallery of that trip as well...enjoy,

Jeff
Old March 9th, 2001, 07:36 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the great review of your Century Royal Suite. We did a back-to-back cruise on the Century in 1998. It was supposed to be one week to the Eastern & one week to the Western Carribean but we went in October and a massive hurricane had just hit the Eastern side, so we ended up back-to-back, west-to-west. We still had a fabulous time. We were upgraded at no added charge to a basic outside cabin (no veranda) and enjoyed it. Boy...it sounds like suite life is a dream come true. The Sky Suite on the Infinity will not be nearly as large as your Royal Suite was. However, it does have the whirlpool tub, separate sitting area, and private veranda...AND all the perks of a butler. We originally booked a cat 12 (bargain basement inside). Celebrity did charge us to upgrade but the amount to move up was really nominal considering it is a 10 night cruise and 4 nights of it is at sea! Can hardly wait. Thanks again!! Jean & Bob
Old March 9th, 2001, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had a sky suite on the Millennium in February. The Butler (Ralph) was a wonderful amenity. He brought a full breakfast, if requested, fresh fruit daily, tea and cakes at 4 p.m. and noshes at 6 p.m. We had trouble with our toilet smelling so we told him and he had someone there in no time. We really didn't ask anything else of him but I'm not sure any cruise will be the same again now that our expectations have been broadened.
Old March 9th, 2001, 02:07 PM
First Mate

Thanks Sally, Was the suite noticeably more spacious than a other cabins you were in. What deck were you on? How was the ocean view? We're on deck 6 and noticed that the life boats are right under us. Are the verandas pretty private (i.e. above & between cabins)? Thanks! We can hardly wait. Aloha! JEan
Old March 9th, 2001, 05:08 PM
BEAV

Steve,

No, I didn't receive your meesage about Zaandam! Did you post on a message board or email me?

Thanks,

BEAV