Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2001, 05:49 PM
Benjamin Smith

Default Celebrity - no pics of Infiniy interiors

I am very annoyed that Celebrity's web site, possibly the worst web site for any cruise line, has not one picture of the new Infinity's interiors. They don't even have sketches (beyond the three that they've had for months). If they do I haven't been able to find any.

I don't care about seeing the exterior of the ship, it looks exactly like the Millennium, it is the interior of the ship I'd like to see. Any pics of the interiors, anywhere?
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2001, 01:59 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Celebrity - no pics of Infiniy interiors

I agree. Celebrity's website is pathetic. Thank goodness their webmaster doesn't double as their cruise director!!
Old March 12th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Matt

The Celebrity website is not user friendly at all and is a horror to use.
Old March 12th, 2001, 09:41 AM
usha

Luckily, their cruises ARE user friendly...I can easily overlook a crummy website, knowing that the cruise itself is such a treat. Just MHO.
Old March 12th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Passenger

Ben,

I agree with the last comment. My cruise experience is more important than the website. I have a wonderful travel agent who can fill me in with the details.

When we booked for the Millenium, we didn't have anything to look at either, but between my research and the updating from my travel agent, I was not worried at all. And my proof is below.

We just came back from the Millenium yesterday and it is, by far, the most beautiful ship we have been on so far. We don't have ONE complaint to write about anything we experienced on this ship. We are now thinking of booking on the Summit for next year.

I agree that the website could use some revamping; however, if I have to choose between a fabulous website over the actual cruise itself...it's a no brainer.

Rose
Old March 12th, 2001, 12:13 PM
LovetheSea

Celebrity has the WORST web site out there!
I think it is important to see photos of the ship as soon as possible. A lot of people are making their 2002 plans now and have to make a decision soon.We have our 2/2/02 cruise booked on the Infinty, and would feel better if we see some photos.Frankely, we are thinking of jumping ship to the Radiance of the Seas. We have seen photos of that ship and are impressed!
Old March 12th, 2001, 03:03 PM
Brenda J.

Hi Ben

If you wait a few weeks, I promise to post photos of the Infinity on my website. We will board her this Sunday, and I have a digital camera ready that will hold 260 photos. I am going to take as many photos as possible of the ship, without limiting my photos of the Hawaiian islands too much.

Ben, I know how interested you are in interiors, and I probably won't post every photo I take of the Infinity's interior on my website (all those photos tend to load slowly). However, if you contact me directly, when we get back, I can burn a CD of all the interior photos I take and mail it to you (free of charge even, because I love reading your wonderful descriptions of ship interiors).

Just a few weeks to wait and you'll have all the photos you can handle!

Brenda

www.members.home.net/bharwood
Old March 12th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

There are a few sketches and one picture in the 2001Alaska brochure. I agree with you. Celebrity doesn't have good pictures of the interior of their ships like some of the other cruise lines. When will you be sailing on the Infinity?
Old March 12th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

Brenda J.? Are you going to board the Infinity while she is at sea?
I believe she leaves Ensenada Saturday the 17th for the Hawaiian islands.
Can't blame you for being excited though as we will be waiting her return to Ensenada for our cruise to the islands.
Old March 12th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Benjamin Smith

Brenda,

Thank you. Look forward to seeing your pics.
Old March 12th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Benjamin Smith

Darcy,

Celebrity used to have very high quality pictures of areas of their ships in the Media gallery section of the old website.

The new brochures have pretty good pictures, though small. There are very few sketches of the interior of the Infinity in the current Caribbean brochure, and I think some of them are not even of the Infinity, but sketches of the spaces in the Millennium. From what I know of Celebrity, the Infinity should have significantly different decor than the Millennium in major public rooms.

I'm not booked to sail on the Infinity though I may sail aboard her in the future.
Old March 16th, 2001, 01:06 AM
Dawnyelle

I would be so elated if you took pictures of the Celebrity singers and dancers!!! Someday one of them could make it big and you will have pics to prove you saw them when!! My brother will probably be doing a national tour after this who knows what will be next!!

Thanks,
Dawn