Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2001, 06:55 PM
First Mate

Default Transfers to Ensenada

We're doing our own air and pre-cruise in San Diego but have purchased transfers to Ensenada on 3-17. Celebrity said to meet the rep at Delta baggage claim for the bus to Pier B. We would be taking a cab from our hotel to the airport but thinking about going directly to Pier B to save time. Does anyone have a thought on this or would we be causing a problem for ourselves; thinking of luggage, does it need to be on a bus at the airport or would we claim it at the pier anyway!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Brenda J.

Default Re: Transfers to Ensenada

Hi Pat!

We're doing the exact same thing and are wondering how we can meet the Celebrity rep at baggage claim - aren't those areas off limits to all but deplaning passengers? We haven't been told what time to go there either. I wonder how far the Pier is from the airport? I wonder if they want us to check in with the rep at the airport and that they might not want to deal with us directly at the pier.

I think I may e-mail Celebrity today and ask what they want us to do.

Brenda
Old March 13th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Yeoman

While I can't answer your specific question, having been to San Diego's airport a few times and seeing Royal Caribbean's ship in the harbor, I can tell you the airport and pier are quite close to each other.
Old March 13th, 2001, 12:48 PM
Frank

I assume they mean the "B" Street pier at the cruise terminal. If so, the downtown, the pier and the airport are all about 5 to 10 minutes apart. It's too bad that so many cruise lines still use Ensenada and force people on a 2 hour +/- bus ride. I know that HAL uses Ensendas as a "service stop" and just makes a quick stop to comply with the Jones Act. It's certainly more convenient.
Old March 14th, 2001, 10:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

San Diego is my home airport and you don't need to be a passenger to go to the baggage claim area. The pier and the airport are within two to three miles of each other on the same street. I can't imagine why you couldn't just go directly to the pier, but you may want to call Celebrity directly if you are concerned.