Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2001, 01:35 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default camera shopping - st thomas?

i've heard the st thomas is best place to pick up a bargain; will be on april 7-14 century eastern carib cruise, passing thru st. thomas, st marteen, nassau. any suggestions/comments on where to go for bargain? i'm looking for a digital camera.
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2001, 10:10 PM
Godfather

Default Re: camera shopping - st thomas?

There are many shops in St. Thomas that sell digital cameras. First of all, check your local Best Buy/Circuit City for their prices on the camera/s you are looking into purchasing.Now you will have a good idea who has the better pricing on digital cameras.
I purchased mine on the yahoo auction and saved exactly $200.00. Maybe yu'll have luck there also. DO NOT purchase a digital camera with less then 2.0 megapixels if you want to copy and print. Less then 2.0 is ok for e-mail.
Good luck and enjoy your cruise...have fun.
Old March 31st, 2001, 05:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

On a cruise 15 years ago I delayed buying a camera until we reached St Thomas because I wanted a "good" deal. Even then, the good deals were non existent and the cameras were priced the same as discounters in mainland USA.
Old April 4th, 2001, 10:51 PM
web

We purchased 2 lenses for our Nikon N70 when we cruised on Ocean Princess in November. The prices for SLR's & accessories were definitely better in St. Maarten. Most of the shops are owned by members of the same family-an Uncle runs the store in Charlotte Amalie . . .We bought another lens at Christmas and we checked prices on stuff we had just bought. The prices were a little better in the Caribbean and we got to use the stuff while we were on vacation. For camera advice try photo.net.
web