Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2001, 09:40 PM
Helen Brasure

Default Luau on Maui?

We will be on the 4/7 Infinity sailing. Would like to do a luau when we get to the island. Since Maui is an overnight stay we thought that would be the night to schedule it. Did anyone returning from the previous Hawaii cruises happen to do the luau on Maui? Didn't want to schedule it when we get to Honolulu since that would be our last night onboard ship. Thanks,
Helen
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2001, 04:37 AM
Rob Renicker

Default Re: Luau on Maui?

Don't do the Luau sponsored by the ship. It is expensive and not very good. See my upcoming review of the cruise.

There are other Luaus available. Find a Hawaii travel book and call ahead. There are also brochures that mention Luaus that are close to where you tender in at Lahaina. They are cheaper.

I would recommend you rent a car in Lahaina and do your own thing.

Rob
Old April 4th, 2001, 11:50 AM
Connie Uphaus

We are going on the Infinity on 4-7. We called Activity Mart, which has an 800 number in Lahina and have booked a luau called the Royal Lahaina Luau. Since there are 25 of us, she booked it for $52 each. The gal I am using is called Robin. I don't have their phone number in front of me right now but they are in the AAA Hawaii book or you could call information for Activity Mart for thei4 800 number. Good luck!
Old April 9th, 2001, 02:02 AM
First Mate

We attended the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina on 3/29 and were incredibly impressed. Our fee was about $60 booked on line. It's just a few minutes from the pier and actually you can ride the free shuttle to the Old Cannery Mall. Exit out the back of the mall, cross the street and you're at the Luau Grounds, overlooking the ocean.

The Luau started with free drinks, the imu presentation (digging the pig out of the sand pit), a wonderful feast, and one of the most beautifully produced hula shows I've ever seen (OK ... it was only the second I'd ever seen, but still very impressive) The four of us agreed ... we couldn't imagine having gone to Hawaii without this experience, complete with tiki torches and polyesian drummers.

Book this one ... you won't be sorry.