Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Snshine

Default Cabin Assignment Question?

I received my cruise documents for the 5/25/01 Alaska sailing on the Infinity.
I would like to know when I would get my cabin assignment? My travel agent said possibly 2 weeks out or even perhaps up to the cruise date. Also is the seating assignment guaranteed? Does anyone know any good shore excursions? Sorry for all the questions but we're just excited to be going on the Infinity! Feel free to add anything else that we should know? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cabin Assignment Question?

Hi Snshine,
SOunds like you booked a guarantee assignment, you could get the cabin assigned at any time or like you've heard, once you get to the pier. Here is a link to a good article about booking a guarantee, hope it will answer some of your questions:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/before/guaranteed.cfm>

Donnassei
Old April 11th, 2001, 09:26 PM
psupa

We sailed on the Infinity to Hawaii on March 17th. You will love the ship. It is absolutely beautiful and elegant. We got our cabin assignment 6 days prior to sailing. Call your travel agent on the Monday prior to sailing and see if a cabin has been assigned.
Old April 15th, 2001, 03:44 PM
usha

Oddly enough, the later you get your cabin assignment, the better the cabin is likely to be! Don't worry about a thing, and get just as excited as you like, because Infinity is really magnificent. We went on the March 17th sailing to Hawaii, and enjoyed it too much to get off, so we booked the impromptu return to Ensenada the morning we were supposed to be getting off from the March 17th cruise. (I have the sweetest husband!) For the March 28th, we booked a minimum inside guarantee,and ended up in cabin # 6033, a very nice outside with a big balcony. The upgrade fairy waved her magic wand on THAT deal!
The SS. United States Restaurant is an experience you should not miss. It'll cost $25 pp, and it's so well worth it. The service is incredible and the cuisine is wonderful. (Try the goat cheese souffle appetizer.)