Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2001, 12:43 AM
William N

Default Millie Class cabin preferences?

Hi all,
We're going to book on the Summit shortly for March 2002 and wondered about cabin preferences from those of you who have been on the Millennium or Infinity. I know mid-ship is best, but the Caribbean is usually pretty calm in March. One specific question I have is - are the views from the Penthouse deck mid-ship veranda cabins obstructed by the lifeboats at all? I thought I read somewhere that the tops of the lifeboats obstructed the views, but I could be all wet (so to speak) ;-)

We're two couples in our early 40's that have cruised before.

Any cabin or location recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Millie Class cabin preferences?

We were on the Millie in March and stayed on the sky deck, category 2A, forward. It was very quiet, no vibrations, no obstructions. It was perfect. Have booked the same cabin for the Summit next March. These cabins are below the Aqua Spa so very quiet in the evenings. Good luck.
Sue
Old April 14th, 2001, 09:45 PM
Admiral

We were on Millie, Penthouse deck Cabin #6026 Starboard side. No lifeboat obstruction at all. Even as forward as this cabin was it was great. Right near the elevator bank, but we never heard any noise from the corridor only our next door neighbors once. I think security was called and quieted them down. The balcony was nice and it was great to be just above port level. Very convenient to dining and theatre rooms as well as disembarkation decks (3&4).
Bon Voyage
Old April 19th, 2001, 12:05 AM
cheric

We were in a Category 2 on the penthouse deck, mid-ship in January and loved the location. The lifeboats are under us and were not an obstruction at all. the penthouse deck is so convenient to the fourth and fifth decks for dinner and the shows. Would definitely book the same location again. What a gorgeous ship! It was our first cruise but we sure picked a winner!
Old April 22nd, 2001, 09:29 PM
First Mate

we just returned from a Cat. 2C; penthouse deck (6027) -- These cat. cabins have verandah's twice as big as the ones in the deck above us -- and twice as big as the ones midship-- There are a few at the end that have big verandah's as well-- YOu get a little more rocking and rolling in rougher seas --
I couldnt understand why these cabins are cheaper! -- You cannot tell from the brochure the size of these verandahs-- I measure ours to be 72 square feet-- there were only 2 chairs and a small table -- but could have had lounges in them. I t would actually be possible to lay in the sun out there. Convenient to lounge- spa- elevators-- quiet location too.
Old April 24th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Admiral

We are booked on the Summit Feb. 4. We have booked Category 3, aft end of ship on Sky Deck. These offer the view of the back end of the ship but have the largest balconies on the ship. We usually book these cabins when available, especially for the longer cruises.