Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2001, 10:11 PM
kc

Default lockers at Dunn's river falls?

Does anyone happen to know if there are lockers at Dunn's River Falls to put stuff like cameras or other things in so they don't get wet while climbing?
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2001, 11:23 PM
John D.

Default Re: lockers at Dunn's river falls?

KC - They do have lockers at the falls. We were there in March. We didn't use them so I can't tell you the cost.
Old April 20th, 2001, 09:36 AM
First Mate

Yes they have lockers, they give you a pad lock w/key for eight bucks but you get three bucks back when you return the lock and key. Its pretty safe, I used them.

Steve
Old April 21st, 2001, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

The lockers are well worth it. We climbed the falls last year, and had so much fun we did it twice. You have probably seen pictures of the chains of people holding hands climbing the falls. I found that by holding hands with a guy in front of me and my husband holding my other hand I almost got pulled in half! I felt much safer just holding my husbands hand! We wore those "aqua sock" shoes and they worked great. Try to stay on the route that most climbers take, because the algae is worn off the rocks. The rocks that do have algae can be very slippery. The only downside to the trip was that to leave the falls you have to walk through the vendor area, and the people are all so desperate to sell you something that it is very hard to walk through . Have a great time - get yourself one of those cheap waterproof cameras so you can take pictures while you climb!