Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2001, 08:03 PM
mars

Default # of bags?

My husband and I are cruising the Mediterranean on the Millennium in mid June. The cruise is for 12 nights. We are taking air transportation from New York to Barcelona through the Celebrity. Our travel agent called them and they told her that it would be a charter flight. My question.... is there a limit on the number, size or weight of the luggage we can bring? What kind of pieces would you reccommend- a large suitcase or a hanging garment bag (or both) for my clothes? OK, OK I admit that I really overpack- but I can't help myself!
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2001, 08:12 PM
Mary Lou

Default Re: # of bags?

It is my understanding the Celebrity does not put a limit on the number of bags you can take. But the airline usually does. Our last cruise...which was only 7 days, we took two garment bags and two pretty good sized suitcases and one carryon. We, too, have a problem with overpacking. Be sure to take an empty
bag to bring back all the goodies you will buy on the cruise. Happy Sailing.
Old April 23rd, 2001, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Mary Lou is correct. It is the airlines that put restrictions. For the same # of nights on Millie last year and a pre-night at the port, we (couple) had a 30" very heavy suitcase, a 26" suitcase, a folding Garment bag to check and 2 roll-on's plus a canvas tote with souvenirs on the return. No problem going out, but on the way back AirEtalia restricted luggage by the total weight. They made us carry-on a wheel-on that we had hoped to check because our total weight for checkin would have been exceeded. We managed. Besure to put your suits and dresses in plastic dry cleaner bags to help prevent wrinkling. If you are going a day early, put your 2 days of clothes in a carry-on including shoes. If you need any advise, don't hesitate to e-mail me.
Bon Voyage
Old April 25th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, my husband and I just did 11 in Hawaii. We had a 30inch bag and garment each (packed way too much) plus a carry on each. Mine was a 21in roll on-his a big duffle bag. We had no problem. The 30 in was HUGE and pretty heavy.
Old April 27th, 2001, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Most Charter airlines in Europe have a weight restriction of bags per person. This is normally quite restrictive. It usually is around 44lbs in weight per passenger. I suggest you check - it will tell you on your airline tickets if there is a restriction. This would normally only amount to one large suitcase between 2 and maybe a very small one - that is if you take heavy things i.e. toiletries, medicines, hairdriers, CD's etc.! Good luck - this is why we fly to the US for our holidays on scheduled airlines, cos on these we can take 2 cases per head!!

Have fun anyway.

Sue (from London U.K.)