Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2001, 08:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Carl
Default Galaxy - Baltic cruise

We're planning our first Celebrity cruise on the Galaxy for the 14-day Baltic cruise this summer, leaving July 14, 2001 from Stockholm. So far, I've seen very little feed-back about this ship from experienced cruisers. Also, curious to know if there is anyone else out there who is planning to be on this cruise - or are we alone?
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2001, 09:20 AM
s p

Default Re: Galaxy - Baltic cruise

We were on the Galaxy the first of April to the Southern Caribbean. It is a great ship. Food was wonderful. We were in room 9156. Had a balcony which we really enjoyed. Take your binoculars. Our room steward Bernard was the best. Entertainment was also very good. Sock hop 1 night. Midnight buffets were very pretty but we were never hungry as we had the late sitting at dinner. Sometimes you could feel the ship moving in the main dining room. All in all a great first cruise.
Old April 25th, 2001, 05:05 PM
Eugene Tebbe

We will be sailing on this cruise also. There are 2 of us from San Francisco. Hope we have a chance to meet onboard.
Old April 25th, 2001, 09:52 PM
Benjamin Smith

There's a lot about the Galaxy. To me she is Celebrity's best ship, including the Millennium. The Galaxy has a casual chic feel to her and she's brighter and more vibrant than some of the other Celeb ships. I sailed aboard the Galaxy to Alaska and the ship, crew, food, everything was absolutely superb.

My review on the Galaxy is at cruiseopinion.com and I sailed aboard her in June of 1999. My description of the ship and the whole cruise is rather extensive.
Old May 1st, 2001, 01:32 AM
Admiral

My wife Barbara and our friend Marilyn will also be on the July 14 cruise. We are getting excited already. I have browsed several cruise related message boards and have, generally, heard positive commentary about the Galaxy, its crew, food, etc. Hope to meet you onboard.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:24 AM
pvh

We had our very first cruise on the Galaxy--May 1999 Inside Passage Alaska and booked another as soon as we got home for Southern Caribbean Dec 1999 on Galaxy. We thought she was a wonderful ship. We just got back from the Infinity and found her to be very elegant. But this is the way I compare the two: Infinity gives you the feeling of a very nice hotel--beautifully appointed, great service (all the amenities); however, I found the Galaxy to be more like home (i.e., I felt within 1 hour of being on the ship that I was a "part" of her--not just a passenger). She was a large ship, but still very friendly. The staff on both ships was great, and service was great. I believe the food was slightly better on the Galaxy than the Infinity; however, I am a hopeless romantic, and the Galaxy was our first cruise and we went on our anniversary. Unless I miss my guess, you will LOVE the Galaxy.
Old May 8th, 2001, 07:11 PM
poconoprincess

My husband and I are on this sailing too. I've read a lot of good things about the ship. I have done most of my research on the cruise critic message boards.