Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2001, 11:31 PM
Passenger

Default Problems Booking Excursions Online

Has anyone else had problems trying to book their excursions online? I'm made three attempts. Made my selections, entered names, addresses, credit card numbers, received a confirmation that my request had been received and was being processed. And then nothing ...
When I wrote and asked if my requests had been received I was sent someone elses intenerary, complete with names, addresses and costs.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2001, 01:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Problems Booking Excursions Online

I can top this. I am so friustrated--I cannot even access the celebrityt cruise site--get run around on phone. Ready to scream
Old April 25th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Yannis

I had no problems booking excursions online. You need to have the booking ID number for the online reservation system to work.
Yannis
Old April 25th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Passenger

Yannis,
I have all the needed information. I finally received an e-mail from someone who said my credit card did not go through. I called the card company and they had no record of any attempts and said there should be no problem.
Old April 26th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Kerry Jo

I just booked Egypt tours for our family thru the Celebrity website, and had absolutely no problem. I'd heard that some others had some problems, and I was a bit concerned, but I breezed right through it and got confirmations minutes later.

KJ
Old April 26th, 2001, 11:28 AM
Passenger

Try again. I have booked all my excursions for Alaska and have received and immediate confirmation. Good Luck and try again. It is fun to see and choose before you leave.
Old April 26th, 2001, 07:02 PM
First Mate

I questioned Celebrity about booking shore excursions on line and they said all ports were ready to book on line except the Caribbean. It'll be another few weeks for that to get all of the bugs out. What is your itinerary?

andrea
Old April 26th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Admiral

You may want to consider booking directly for Alaska touring. It is sometimes significantly cheaper to go this way especially on city type tours. Often 1/2 the ship prices. I have been on flights I booked direct sitting next to cruise passengers who paid $25 more. There is no risk- you are still in the US with high business standards. An added bonus is more real Alaska and not being hearded on big tours with other cruise passengers. Part of the joy of touring Alaska is meeting some real Alaskans- not likely on any ship tours. I know the area well after 9 trips there if any further information is desired.
Old April 30th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Karen - What excursions do you suggest for Alaska (I'm on the 5/11 Infinity cruise) and what companies are reputable for excursions? Thanks. Kelly