Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2001, 03:24 PM
First Mate

Default MILLENNIUM Easter Week, 2001

My wife and I just returned from a week in the Eastern Caribbean with our 3 teenagers. This was our 3rd cruise, and probably the best. The Millennium is gorgeous, the staff is incredible, and you can enjoy the day (and nights) at whatever pace you desire.

Met some great people, and would enjoy hearing from those who sailed on Easter Week, 2001.
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: MILLENNIUM Easter Week, 2001

We just returned from the 4/15-4/22 Millie also! Had a great time, awesome ship, great weather! We had previously sailed on the Mercury in Alaska, and think Celebrity is great. Enjoyed the spa, the pools, of course the food, the staff (our waiter and busboy, and of course Sudi the bartender at the Martini bar!) the list goes on and on! Everything was very well done, in the style you come to expect from Celebrity.

Chuck wrote:
>
> My wife and I just returned from a week in the Eastern
> Caribbean with our 3 teenagers. This was our 3rd cruise, and
> probably the best. The Millennium is gorgeous, the staff is
> incredible, and you can enjoy the day (and nights) at
> whatever pace you desire.
>
> Met some great people, and would enjoy hearing from those who
> sailed on Easter Week, 2001.
Old April 26th, 2001, 02:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will be on the Millenium with teens for spring break 2002. Was it a good ship for teens? Was it overloaded with rowdy kids, like other cruises? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Sandy
Old April 26th, 2001, 10:14 PM
First Mate

I only noticed the kids a few times-- the older kids were not rowdy-- it was mostly the 9- 10 year old boys that seemed to be a nuisance.
my 14 year old said that the royal caribbean ships with their own teen disco was more fun-- they really had no dedicated teen spot on this ship-- they could use certain bars, but were kicked out at 11. Also some people let their 11 and 12 year olds go to the teen activities, which made them seem too juvenile for the high school kids. The ship was not full --there were supposedly 200 teens on board, but it didn't seem like it.
Old April 30th, 2001, 12:54 PM
FRANK C

I spoke to a Celebrity Spokesperson at the front desk and she said that there were 450 people under 18 on the Easter Cruise, compared with the usual number on Millie of about 50-100.

Millenium does NOT seem to cater to kids in general. There were many families who had late dinner seating and dragged their young kids to the late shows. This got quite disruptive at times. Young children shouldn't be up at those hours, but unfortunately their parents didn't use good parenting skills.

The ship itself is marvelous and the service was OUTSTANDING. We will be booking another cruise with either Infinity or Century for next Easter.