Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2001, 12:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
Default The Staff Photographers

Is this process something you can tell them you don't want to partake in? My friends are all telling me I'm just being a pain in the butt. But I feel, when I want a picture I can take it or ask someone to do it for me. I just don't want the picture when you get on the ship and so on and so forth. Feel free to agree with my friends most just think I should just take a picture when they come around.Any Help would be appreciated.Also, let me know of any others that feel the same was

Kevin
''
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2001, 08:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: The Staff Photographers

Don't feel bad if you don't want your picture taken. My husband and I do the same thing. We've been on other cruises and have had our picture taken going on board the ship, getting off the ship in the different ports, etc. When you don't want your picture taken just "skirt around" the photographers or say "no thanks". We've never had anyone get offended.
Old May 1st, 2001, 10:37 AM
First Mate

It's no problem to not get your picture taken. Just say "no thanks" and keep walking. Besides, who looks good in that emabarkation photo anyway? I know I always look a mess from waiting around in the airport and travelling all day! Save the photographers the film and just skip it! No one will mind!

andrea
Old May 1st, 2001, 02:13 PM
BillG

If you are talking about individual pictures just decline politely - no problem. If its a picture of your group, I can understand why your friends might want you included, so give them some consideration ( a lot of people don't think they photograph well, but others differ). Whatever you decide, no one should be too upset.
Old May 1st, 2001, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Much ado about nothing----they are just trying to earn a buck, and I agree that
a polite "no thank you" is all that's needed Incidentaly, on the inaugural cruise
of Infinity the staff photographers took some outstanding pictures of the ship
going through the Panama Canal. No passenger could have taken anything
comparable, since the ship photographers were allowed off the ship and followed
it through the canal. You win a few and lose a few--don't sweat it.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:56 AM
Admiral

As stated above, it is easy to just wave off the photographers. Actually, we ALWAYS are sure to get the pre-boarding photo taken and purchased... we cruise a great deal, over many years, and those pictures are a great way to keep tabs on the ships we've sailed on, dates and so forth.

By the way, this is part of a very long tradition of having photographers on board in the halcyon days of the great transatlantic liners. When ships were "the only way to cross", there was rarely a crossing that did not include famous (or notorious) passengers. How unfortunate for the present day crop of photographers... reduced to taking pictures of Mr. and Mrs. "average" American, trudging along dragging hand baggage, disheveled and thinking only of the awaiting sail-a-way buffet.

Again... the photographers really are part of the tradition and fun of being at sea on a great ship. A quick wave of the hand or shake of the head usually will have them moving off to more fertile territory.

Ernie
Old May 2nd, 2001, 04:01 PM
Carole Dunham

I loathe having my pictures taken. They come out looking like they were designed to frighten young children. I always say no thanks to embarkation photos or photos taken getting off the ship in port. Since we always pick a large table foro dinner, I have no choice then. Howeveer I NEVEER buy them.

Carole
Old May 4th, 2001, 02:59 PM
hct

I thought that the photographers on Mercury were much less aggressive than those on RCCI. We even came out well in some of the photos & bought them (a nice surprise!). What I did not like though, was that the photos taken on the gangway as you get off in certain ports really slows the line & creates more chaos as everyone is trying to disembark. Tha iddea should be re-thought so as to serve those who want to stop but not inconvenience those who just want to hit the port!
Old May 15th, 2001, 03:24 AM
Louie

The photograpahers on the Infinity were not as organized as they should have been. They may have taken some awsome shots of the vessel transiting the Canal, but as for the passengers... they were awful. Most all of the pictures that I saw on the Infinity (Mar 17th Inagural to Hawaii ) including mine, looked like they were from the attack of the tomato people. The faces were all red and most of them looked like they had blemishes on their skin. I bought none. Because none of them were worth buying. Awful pictures. I have a ton of pictures from past cruises and in comparison, better quality. And less expensive. The photographers, were more interested in their idle chatter amongst themselves to be to involved with the passengers. While getting off the tender in Lahaina, the photograpers took a picture of us while there was some women screaming behind me that she did not want to be in the picture. I can't say as if I wanted her in mine either. But the end result was a picture of me with this "person's'" angry face included in the picture. One more picture for the trash can.