Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2001, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default How Many Celebrity Cruise have U done?

I've noticed our Celebrity message board is very active. Got me to thinking (dangerous). I was wondering if we could find out how loyal Celebrity cruisers are.
So, to try and satisfy my curiousity... How many times have u cruised with Celebrity? What ships? Do u have a favorite Celeb ship?

I've sailed the Century, the Mercury and the Millennium. The Millennium is one of my favorite ship period.. not just favorite Celebrity ship.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<<Join Us on a CruiseMates Group Cruise
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2001, 05:06 PM
MLScanlon@home.com

Default Re: How Many Celebrity Cruise have U done?

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE CELEBRITY!!!! Have only done three cruises to date and all on Celebrity. First was Galaxy, then Mercury, the Millennium this past January. I agree that Milli is my favorite ship so far. Hope to do Infinity and Summit someday too.
This board is by far the most popular.......must be lots and lots of loyal Celebrity fans out there.....let's hear from you!
Old May 1st, 2001, 05:20 PM
Carole Dunham

I've done three Celebrity cruises as well on Century Galaxy and Mercury. I like the Mercury the best of the three. We will be booking the Summit in Alaska next year which will be my first cruise on a Millenium class ship and I'm really looking forward to it.

Carole
Old May 1st, 2001, 05:52 PM
Zach

I've done 4 cruises on Celebrity. The Zenith in '94 and '95, the Galaxy in '97 and the Millenium this past April. I love all the ships but the Millenium was my favorite. I consider myself prety lucky for a 16 year old and hope to continue to be able to cruise as I get older. I'd like to thank this opportunity to thank my parents for giving me the opportunity to cruise.

Zach
Old May 1st, 2001, 06:08 PM
Admiral

We have sailed on the Century 3 times, the Horizon twice, and once each on the Zenith and the Millennium. Going on the Summit in January. Also toured and had lunch on the Mercury when she first arrived in Ft. Lauderdale. Celebrity is definitely our favorite cruise line.
Old May 1st, 2001, 06:41 PM
Benjamin Smith

I've done 2, Galaxy Alaska and Century Europe. I've been aboard all of them except for Infinity and I'm aboard Zenith and Horizon visiting often in the summer.

Order of preference is
1. Galaxy
2. Zenith
3. Mercury
4. Millennium
5. Century
6. Horizon

I really like the Galaxy alot and think she's a special ship. Think Century has most impressive dining room and Michael's Club.

I like Celebrity a lot, its one of my lines of choice, but I don't think I like the line for sailing in the Caribbean.

Next Celebrity planned ship will be the Mercury or Zenith.

I plan to be loyal to the line unless it becomes too compromised.
Old May 1st, 2001, 07:46 PM
Yes2Cruising

Have sailed the Galaxy last September, Just got off Mercury and the Summit for March 2002.
Enjoyed Mercury and looking forward to the Summit.
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:07 PM
pvh

We have been on a total of three cruises--all three Celebrity and booked another for 11/11---
Inside Passage -- Galaxy 5/1999
Southern Caribbean - Galaxy 12/1999
Hawaii -- Infinity 04/2001
Eastern Caribbean (booked) -- Millenium 11/2001

I loved the Infinity--she had everything a ship could possibly have (in my opinion), but I guess my vote for favorite would have to be the Galaxy--probably because she was the first ship we cruised on, and I am a hopeless romantic.
I feel certain there are other cruiselines that are equal to (possibly better) than Celebrity; however, we have found something we like and do not see a reason to change. We have been able to find fantastic deals--book when the time is right--and will stay with them as long as we cruise and still find such good service.
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:08 PM
First Mate

Kuki, I recall that we both sailed on Century during her inaugural season and were not overly impressed. But, the Mrs. prevailed, and we sailed on Mercury during her inaugural season too. In 1999, we took advantage of a good deal on Horizon for a 10 day Southern Caribbean. Back on Mercury for a 14 day trans-canal in April,2000. Things got better and better. Other ships we took in between (HAL,RCI,Costa) did not quite measure up to Celebrity. We are booked on a 15 day repo on Zenith for this October. Hopefully, an 11 day on Summit is in our future for next Spring.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 08:14 AM
simatravel

We've traveled on the Mercury (7 day Western) and Millennium (7 day Eastern) and going on the Summit (11 day Ultra). Until our daughter grows up our priorities are less kids, food and itinerary. Celebrity fits all of the above. We tried the room with the balcony on the Millennium and we would add that to our list.

ES
Old May 2nd, 2001, 08:40 AM
Mary Jean

We have taken 5 cruises total, the last 3 were on Celebrity and we are already booked for # 4 with Celebrity Millennium again next April. We just love the cruise package provided by Celebrity. We have always enjoyed good service, good food, and attention to the little details seems important to this cruise line. We feel like we have found the cruise line for us and will not switch unless the product changes. We have been on the Mercury, Century and most recently Millennium. I guess the Millennium was my favorite ship with the Mercury close behind. The Century was a beauty too though.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:11 AM
Passenger

The November 2nd Sailing of the Summit will be my 8th cruise with Celebrity. I've sailed on the Zenith 3 times, Horizon twice, Mercury (Inaugural) once and Galaxy once. I've done the Easter Caribbean trip, the South Caribbean, and the Deep South as well as 10 days. Looking very forward to the Summit.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 01:31 PM
Passenger

i HAVE SAILED 3 TIMES ON CELEBRITY. THE 4TH WILL BE IN AUG. IN ADDITION I HAVE SAILED ON RC ABOUT 6 TIMES. CELEBRITY HAS BECOME MY FAVORITE CHOICE. I AM SURE THAT THE INFINITY IN AUG WILL NOT DISAPPOINT ME.

JOANNE
Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:06 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

We've been on 5 cruises, all on Celebrity. Our first ever cruise was in 1996 aboard the Meridian to Bermuda. We were hooked!!! The Meridian was a grand lady & we miss her. This past November we were on the Galaxy and spoke to more than one crew member who said life aboard the Meridian was special and that the crew got along better than on any other ship they had sailed. Being onlt 30,000 GRT they got to know many repeat passengers and even invited them to "crew only parties!

For other than sentimental reasons, I guess we like Century best of the ships we've been on. We hope to try Infinity or Summit this fall. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Rich

Meridian 96
Century 97 (Eastern)
Century 98 (Western)
Zenith 99
Galaxy 00
Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:59 PM
clay

I've sailed 12 cruises(RCI,HAL,Carnival,NCL), but only sailed Celebrity once on the Mercury 01/00. We enjoyed the cruise, west. caribbean, but the food was not as spectacular as we had heard. It was good. But we expected better.
We're looking forward to the Millenium 11/01. Got a balcony this time. Can't wait!

clay
Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:31 PM
Loves Cruisin

We have been on a total of 4 cruises. Two with Carnival - and our last two cruises were on the Century. We were so impressed with Celebrity and the Century in particular we are booked on the Infinity for the June 1st sailing to Alaska. We really do love Celebrity. The service is impeccible!
Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:48 PM
jcpc

I was on the Century on March 31st and that was cruise number 35 with Celebrity. Since Celebrity started sailing in 1990, I've sailed exclusively with them with the exception of one Royal Caribbean. In my opinion, Celebrity is the absolute best, although the line has deteriorated somewhat since the RCI takeover. I have no desire, at this point, to move to a different cruise line. Favorite ship??? I've sailed on the Horizon/Zenith/Meridian/Century/Galaxy/Mercury. I'd vote for Century as my favorite!
Old May 3rd, 2001, 10:22 AM
David Starkey

We have sailed a total of 25 cruises and 6 on celebrity, we are currently booked on the Infinity for june to AK. Our favorite ship is the Mercury and we will be interested if the Infinity is too "big" for us. We like ships, not floating hotels.
Old May 3rd, 2001, 10:51 PM
First Mate

Horizon 1997
Mercury 1998
Galaxy 1999
Galaxy 2000
Infinity 2001
Old May 4th, 2001, 09:34 AM
First Mate

Of our 24 cruises we have only sailed once on Celebrity, the Zenith thru the Panama Canal, very nice ship. We are booked on the Summit for 2-4-02.
Old May 5th, 2001, 09:42 AM
LovetheSea

Celebrity is our favorite cruise line. We have cruised four times on Celebrity, and are booked for Feb 2, 2002 on the Infinity.

Mercury.. Alaska
Mercury... W. Caribbean
Mercury... E.Caribbean
Millennium..E. Caribbean

As you can see we really liked the Mercury

We have tried other lines and have never got the great customer service that we have had on every Celebrity Cruise!
Old May 5th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Passenger

I am definitely hooked on Celebrity, they are "Simply the Best!"

Horizon 1996
Century 1999 (Western)
Century 2000 (Eastern)
Millenium 2001
Infinity 2001 (December 1)
Old May 6th, 2001, 03:33 AM
Ken Haltom

We have sailed Celebrity four times, Mercury (Western Caribbean) Galaxy (Alaska) Horizon (Ultimate Caribbean) Millennium (Eastern Caribbean) Currently shopping for a deal on the Mercury for October 10, on the Hawaii cruise. Also slipped in a Holland America crusie to Alaska on the Noordham in the middle of all of this.
Old May 6th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Passenger

We've just booked our fourth. We've been on the Zenith, Horizon, and Century, and just booked the Summit. This will be our first time, since Celebrity was taken over by Royal Caribbean and they have a tough act to follow.
Old May 6th, 2001, 01:29 PM
First Mate

I have taken my family on 3 Celebrity Cruises with a 4th booked in 2002.
We have targeted all the Celebrity ships that end in "y":

1996 Century Cat 3, E Carib
1998 Mercury Cat 3, W Carib
2000 Galaxy Cat 1, Inside Passage
2002 Infinity Cat 3, S Carb
Old May 6th, 2001, 01:41 PM
First Mate

Does the Brittanis count? Our first cruise 19 yrs ago was on that ship which was owned by Chandris who then became Celebrity I believe. Anyway our 2nd cruise in '92 was on the Zenith when she was brand new and we loved it. Our 3rd cruise was on the Millennium which we just got off of last Sunday, 4/29. It just keeps getting better! Millie was beautiful and very large! Booked a cabin w/balcony and it would definately be hard to cruise again without one. We hope to book another cruise within the next year (I refuse to wait another 9 yrs) and it will definately be with Celebrity. From our own experience and from what we read on the different cruise msg boards why take a chance, stick with the sure thing.
Old May 7th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Passenger

Hi Pat,

Thanks for reminding me about Chandris lines. I thought that this was my 3 rd sailing on Celebrity Lines but I had two early in the 70's with Chandris and they were great. The Americanis was one of the ships that we were on.

It was so small but seemed so large back then. Chandris gave us our first taste of cruising and we have not stopped yet. It is the best way to vacation as you can see from all these happy cruisemates.