Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Passenger

Default Leaving from Ft. Lauderdale

We just booked the Summit for 02-25-2002 and was wondering what the weather is at that time of year in Ft. Lauderdale and does anyone know what hotels Celebrity uses in Ft. Lauderdale for the day-prior program?
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2001, 02:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan
Default Re: Leaving from Ft. Lauderdale

Hi Holly,

Your back on the boards...and off on another cruise, lucky you. The last time we cruised out of Miami, we stayed at a great hotel overlooking the beach and bay. Bar Harbor comes to mind, it was very nice. Since this was in 1993, I'm sure they have much better accommodations now. Have a great time. jan
Old May 4th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Deb Hoch

Hi Holly - I've gone out of Fort Lauderdale many times and with Celebrity in 11-98; I think it was an 'Airport' Hyatt or Marriott, but as I recall all the hotels they offered were very close to the pier, as is the airport. Actually, sailing out of F.L. is really easy, from just about any hotel you're only 10-20 minutes away. It's also great for disembarking since it's ditto to the airport. (I'm back on the Mercury this Oct. on the 11 day Honolulu to Ensenada route and really looking forward to it since I haven't been at sea since exactly 1 year ago this week on a Panama Canal transit on the Dawn Princess - and I go through sea-withdrawal if I can't get on a ship every six months or so!) Enjoy the Summit - it looks wonderful!
Old May 4th, 2001, 06:08 PM
TWOFER

We sailed april 16th on the Mercury out of FLL, Celebrity put us up in Sheraton Plantation. Others we knew were at Sheraton Airport and some were at Sheraton Yankee Trader. It all depends on day you are sailing and availbility of rooms. Others have posted being in other hotel chains being used, including staying in Miami and being bused to the port the next day. This is of course if you book day prior and or air with Celebrity.
Old May 4th, 2001, 07:06 PM
WDS

Can't give advice on hotels, but having lived in Florida, about 75 miles north of Ft. Lauderdale, for over 12 years, it is still winter in February and very unpredictable that time of year. Don't plan to beach it!
Old May 5th, 2001, 12:34 AM
Carole Dunham

Hi Jan,

Bar Harbor is in Maine. Bal Harbour is just north of Miami Beach and there are some very nice hotels there. Used to be the nicest hotels in the area. Now the nicest hotel in the Miami area is the Grand Bay in Coconut Grove, second would be the Mandarin Oriental which is on Brickell Key, just south of downtown. Brand new hotel.

Carole
Old May 5th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Admiral

If you are sailing from Ft. Lauderdale, you don't want to stay in Miami (as someone suggested). There are plenty of really nice hotels near Port Everglades and your ship. I know that Celebrity uses the Radisson Bahia Mar as one of the hotels for their cruisers - but not sure which other hotels or the prices. You can call Celebrity direct at 1- 800- 437-3111. Anyway, if you are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and leaving from here (I live in the suburbs), it makes sense to stay at a hotel here. Enjoy your cruise!
Old May 5th, 2001, 12:19 PM
William N

Hi Holly,
Here's the scoop on Ft. Lauderdale weather from the weather.com site. You can get weather stats for any location you need from this site. (Avg highs, lows, rainfall...)
Enjoy your cruise - we'll be following you on March 8th, 2002.
Bill
http://www.weather.com/weather/climatology/USFL0149

For other locations, go to www.weather.com and enter the city name or zip. For instace, entering "St. Thomas" will give you an idea of the Eastern Caribbean weather.
Old May 5th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Would Holly Berry and William N. please share the itinerary they are taking
in Feb and Mar. 2002. This info would be greatly appreciated
Old May 6th, 2001, 11:00 AM
DMS

I am sailong out of Fort Lauderdale 2/16, century, and have booked amerisuites after seeing recommendations on other boards. Shuttle from airport to hotel and then to pier. $129 per nite, but that is president's weekend so another time might be less. Hotel has website.
Old May 6th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Here it is. We are leaving on February 25th.................
11-Night Western Caribbean Sailing on the Summit

Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Key West, Florida - Cozumel, Mexico - Puerto Limon, Costa Rica - Colon, Panama - Cartagena, Colombia - Oranjestad, Aruba - Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Old May 8th, 2001, 08:34 AM
LMKohler

We just returned from a cruise on Mercury, April 6th. I don't know how much money you want to spend, but we have stayed at both the Marriott Marina and the Comfort Inn at the Airport. The Comfort Inn may be a little older but the rooms are nice and they serve what they call is a continential breakfast but in reality is a complete buffet. They have safes, irons and coffee in the rooms. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to the pier thus saving you taxi money. Marriott Marina does not do that. Don't get me wrong the Marriott was great, but for the money and trying to take a cruise every year, we will stick with the Comfort Inn. We are going on Summit on March 8th. I see a lot of people suggesting Amerisuites but I have not been able to get any "specials" people talk about.