Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2001, 08:39 PM
First Mate

Default apologies from celebrity

I have been writing the last two days about the rudeness I recently experienced this week with Celebrity cruises air/sea department. But, in all fairness, now I must also write that I have received two different apologies in the last two days, including one from the VP of Air/Sea Division. Although it doesn't compensate for the grief and aggravation I experienced -- or the additional cost I now have -- it is nice to know that the cruise line is concerned about how customers are treated.
I take my hat off to Celebrity for having the courage to apologize and admit their error.
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2001, 09:04 AM
chellie

Default Re: apologies from celebrity

They should have compensated you. Although apologies are good, they are not legal tender aboard ship.
Old May 10th, 2001, 04:30 PM
First Mate

You are absolutely right. Actually, Celebrity has offered us an on board credit -- but it is minimal. Yet, it's something.
Old May 10th, 2001, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Tom,
Its nice to know someone is listening and reading e-mails, glad you got some positive feedback finally, sorry you had to go through all that

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old May 13th, 2001, 08:37 PM
First Mate

C:\My Documents\cruise_sunsky_md_wht.gif
I agree it was grueling Tom, I went through the same thing, and I am also in the process of letter writing campaign.
Old May 14th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Brent Crawford

Tom..
May I inqire as to the nature of your complaint..I had a bad experience on a Horizon cruise in January. I wrote a lengthy letter of complaint and they sent an apology and a discount coupon for a future cruise. Perhaps I can be of some help.
Brent Crawford
Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:01 PM
batman

I just had a not-so-great experience with RCL/Celebrity customer service this morning. After returning from a great cruise on Infinity 5/11-5/18, I checked my Visa account on-line and found that I had my on-board charges per the statement I received on the last evening of the cruise, plus a second Infinity charge that is larger than my legitimate charges. The associate I reached on the phone attempted to brush me off and tell me that the extra charge would probably just disappear from my account; right. She was unable to do any research to resolve the problem because all the charge records are still on Infinity in Alaska even though there were able to charge my Visa card one day after the cruise. She finally gave me a name and a fax number where I should send my problem. I'm sure the issue will get resolved, but it is just annoying. I'm amazed at the lack of concern on the part of the customer service advocate; she should at least pretend to care about my problem.