Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2001, 01:10 AM
First Mate

Default Infinity/Mill. SKY DECK question

I have a question about the sky deck cabins- cat. 1a...(we are booked in #9062). I read a cruise review that said these cabins on the sky deck are sometimes obstructed by support beams and that the overhangs from the deck above make them darker and more dreary. HELP- is this a true statement?? I am hoping not. Has anyone been in this room before? Thank you in advance for any replies. It is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Infinity/Mill. SKY DECK question

debbie,

I am also booked in 1A for Aug 24 sailing. I raised this question a while ago and I was told that this is not true. You can e mail bharwood@home.com (Brenda Harwood) and she will put your mind at ease.

She claims that they are thin posts holding up deck #10 and you can hardly notice them.......and that they do not interfere with the view.
If you do the 360 view of the Infinity cabins that is available thru cruise.com you can acutally see the posts in the balcony view. They seem to be minimal in size.

So relax I har that the 1A cabins and the ship in general is beautiful.

Joanne
Old May 14th, 2001, 11:26 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

Cruised on Infinity in room 9099 - great views- as far as obstruction it is minimal and you should not be concerned. Just go and enjoy your cruise, your view from the balcony will be breathtaking and totaly unobstructed. Enjoy.
Old May 14th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Zach

Hello, I was in cabin 9056 on the Millenium from April 15-April 22. The obstruction, yes, is there but its not that big of a deal. There are many other places to catch some sun. I actually enjoyed it in the morning because less sun came in the wondow when you were trying to sleep. Hope you ahve fun on your cruise. They aare beautiful ships and I miss my cruise so darn much

Zach
Old May 14th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Passenger

Hi Debbie,

We were on the Millennium in March 2001 on deck 9. Don't be concerned about it. We loved our cabin and the view was breathtaking!!! The supporting beams aren't that big of deal.

We were so pleased and happy with the Millennium that we have booked the Infinity in December, 2001 and are staying on the 9th deck once again.

You won't be disappointed!!!

Happy Cruising!!
Rose
Old May 14th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just returned from Alaska on the Infinity. Was in the balcony cabin on sky deck category 1A. Thought that the overhang (about 10-15 ft long) obscured the view, as did the support beams. They were not thin. Compared to the Vision, the cabin was smaller, and the balcony was smaller.
Old May 15th, 2001, 08:26 AM
Passenger

Hi Phil,

Are you talking about Vision of the Seas by Royal Carribean?

What were the dimensions of the cabin on the Vision? If it's Royal Carribean, I've never heard anyone say that any of their ships have a larger cabin. And was it apple to apple or apple to orange? What I'm asking is did you pay the same amount of money for the Vision as you did on the Infinity or did you have a different category and class on the Vision??

Can you tell me what your cabin number was on the Infinity? I'm really surprised to hear this kind of comment. We were on the Millennium and was on the Sky deck and didn't experience what you are talking about.

Please give me more details.

Thanks,
Rose
Old May 15th, 2001, 04:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi. Was on the Vision of the Seas in superior ocean view stateroom, category d. On the Infinity, was in 9080, premium ocean view, category 1a. Both were balcony staterooms, one category below the suite prices. Think I was comparing apples to apples. Their motto is "exceeds expectations". It didn't. Be glad to provide further info, if desired.
Old May 15th, 2001, 05:03 PM
Passenger

Hi Phil,

Was the Vision of the Seas the same price as the Infinity if they are comparable? Just because they were both below the suites category doesn't mean the price is the same.

I checked with a travel agent and he said Vision of the Seas cabins aren't as big as the Celebrity cabins? I will be checking into this further.

How about the bathroom on the Vision? Was that as big as on the Celebrity Infinity?

Thank you for all your information.

Happy Cruising!!!
Rose
Old May 15th, 2001, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Cat D cabins on the Vision of the Seas are very nice... extremely well laid out in my opinion.
We had a Cat 1 on the Millennium, and I would say size-wize they are very close.

BTW Millennium was close to my favorite ship so far.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<Join us on a CruiseMates Cruise.. here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 15th, 2001, 05:25 PM
Passenger

Hi Kuki,

Thank you for the information. No one is answering me about the bathroom size. I haven't found a mid priced cruise line that has the bathroom size that Celebrity does. How was the bathroom on the Vision?

Thanks,
Rose
Old May 15th, 2001, 05:27 PM
Passenger

Hi Kuki,

You say they are very close but you didn't state which one was still larger???

We were on the Millennium in March 2001 and we stayed on the 9th deck in a cat 1A. It was spacious...and the bathroom is really the best I've experienced so far.

Thanks,
Rose
Old May 16th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Rose. Thought the Infinity bathroom was comparable to the Vision in size. Don't know if your travel agent has been on the Infinity and Vision, but from our perspective, the Vision beat the Infinity on cabin and balcony size, especially the balcony.