Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2001, 01:42 PM
First Mate

Default Disembarking in San Juan-help!

I am wondering for those of you that have disembarked in San Juan with Celebrity...What is the soonest we could be at the airport? There is only 1 flight we can get on for 2 days with our airline points (American) and it leaves at 10:40am! Is this possible or nuts?
How long to taxi to the airport?
Will Celebrity help us out(by getting us off the boat early) if we have not purchased their air/sea part of the trip?
Thank you so much to anyone who can offer any advice to us!! It will be MUCH appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Disembarking in San Juan-help!

It is cutting it close for 10:40, but I'd say u can make it. It's about 20 minutes to the airport.
Take your airline tickets to the purser's desk early in the cruise, and they'll arrange for priority debarkation for u.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<Join us for a CruiseMates Group Cruise.. here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 15th, 2001, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

The ride is less than 30 minutes. Tell the front desk, the night before, that you have a wedding to be at early. They will give you a special pass to disembark first. We have done this on Celebrity and other lines and it worked every time!
Old May 16th, 2001, 10:04 PM
Babette

Debarkation in San Juan is very easy.

At the beginning of your cruise you are given a form to fill out with your return flight information, land arrangements, etc. You have about 48 hrs to return this form to Guest Relations.

You will receive color coded tags for your cases. On the morning of debarkation, they will call your color. On the 4.28 cruise, they started at 8:15AM.

Once you are inside the terminal, the cases are all lined up by color. You pick up your cases and head through customs. You basically hand them your forms and keep walking. Once outside, you can check-in pierside with your airline if you are flying AA, Delta, Continental... and I think US Air. There are trucks there at the pier with flight designations on them to take the luggage to the airport. Then once you get to the airport... all you do is proceed to the gate.
Old May 20th, 2001, 12:04 AM
clay

You should notify the purser's desk immediately when you board that you will have an early flight. Then, when you disembark, DO NOT put your luggage on one of those trucks. Take it with you in the taxi. Very important, especially if you're in a hurry to catch an early flight.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old May 21st, 2001, 06:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Normally I would agree with the taxi idea, but the only problem with that is that you'll have to check in your luggage yourself at the airport which can take a while. I would check with the purser's desk and also with the baggage people when you get off the boat to see if they'll promise your luggage will get delivered to the plane on time. Good luck!
Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:32 PM
Babette

Also, you now have to have all your checked luggage screen for some insect... that harbors some type of bean. When you walk into the terminal these check-i stations are right there.

I would still place my luggage on the truck and by-pass all the craziness in the terminal. You are going home......the bags can catch up with you.
Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:33 PM
Babette

I shouldn't type when I am so tired... I meant to say beans that harbor an insect!!