Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:34 PM
First Mate

Default ID Required for Cruise

What Identification are you required to have when boarding a Celebrity Cruise to Alaska? Celebrities info is confusing. Is a single form of ID sufficient (i.e. US Drivers License) or do they require 2 serperate pieces of ID.

Thanks in Advance,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:27 PM
Yes2Cruising

Default Re: ID Required for Cruise

You did not mention if the cruise starts in Canada, which does require more than one ID. The most common, is birth certificate with the raised seal (certified) and a photo ID (a drivers license). Celebrity has asked for both and other times just a photo ID. Be safe, carry a birth certificate and photo ID.

The other and best item is a passport.
Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:51 PM
First Mate

We do depart from Vancouver BC. I know that I do not have my birth certificate. I am sure my parents have it somewhere but it will take a while to get. Any other forms of ID that they accept (Social Security Card, Health Card, etc.)

Thanks,

Steve
Old May 23rd, 2001, 03:32 PM
Kellie

I believe you "Have" to have the Birth Certificate. We live in Calif. and my husband was born in NY .. We contacted the county clerks office in NY and they mailed us his. This takes time so apply ASAP.
Old May 23rd, 2001, 03:39 PM
Admiral

Two forms of ID are required. No copies. Original Birth Certificate and Photo ID or Passport (which has your photo). Contact your town hall in the place of your birth. Send your request with a check and overnight return envelope for your Long Form Birth Certificate which has a raised seal. Then you will have it and can apply for a passport someday. I recommend you make a phone call quickly.
Bon Voyage
Old May 23rd, 2001, 04:08 PM
Yes2Cruising

I have read where others have used this site to expedite birth certificates and other items as passports.

<http://www.vitalchek.com/>
Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:37 PM
chellie

You can also call the Dept. of Vital statisitcs in your birth state. They usually have an expedited means of getting the needed materials to you. You can order by phone or fax and cut out the middleman.
Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:17 PM
psupa

I know at checkin you are required to have some form of a picture ID. If you don't have a passport, you will need both a birth certificate and driver's license. We sailed on the Infinity in March and we also needed to show a picture ID, along with our boarding card when coming back onboard in ports of call. Instead of carrying our passports in ports of call (for fear of loosing them), I carried our drivers licenses. I was not aware of this, but fortunately from reading the boards, I was prepared.
Old May 24th, 2001, 02:45 AM
First Mate

Thanks for all of your great help. I was able to get my birth certificate and will give a trip report when I return from Alaska on Infinity.
Old May 24th, 2001, 12:16 PM
ehogan

Your best bet is a passport. You will need picture ID and your Celebrity key card each time you return to the ship from a port. We used our picture driver's license for this, however for the initial check in you will need a passport or an original birth certificate or notarized copy of one with picture ID. SIN cards or health cards don't work.
Old May 24th, 2001, 01:54 PM
AR

Get a passport. You never know when you'll need one.

My son is an airline pilot who recently began dating an attractive young woman. He had a few days off the other week and suggested that they hop over to Paris for a long weekend. Airline pilots with pass privileges can do things like this rather inexpensively. However, she could not go because she didn't have a passport.

While this is a true story (they went to Puerto Rico instead), I admit it may be unusual. Still, passports trump everything, and when you have one you can go anywhere for 10 years without worrying and expending stomach acid.

Get it and these problems and questions just go away.

AR
Old May 25th, 2001, 01:12 AM
Passenger

Also for the ladies out there, don't forget your marriage license too, as the
name on your birth certificate will differ from your I.D. (driver's license)

I was told that I have to bring mine. Of course, if you kept your original surname,
then you wouldn't need that marriage license.
Old May 26th, 2001, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Do you know whether an expired passport is ok. The airlines say it is ok with them but now I am wondering for the cruise if that would be alright. Thanks for any help.
Old May 27th, 2001, 01:23 PM
AR

Click to this site for easy instructions on renewing passports by mail.

http://travel.state.gov/passport_renewal.html

It is easier to have a current one than to worry about whether expired ones will be accepted.

The State Department also has information online about getting passports in a hurry if you need to.

AR