Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2001, 03:29 AM
NJmatt

Default Canada/New England cruises

Since Celebrity is coming out with all their newest and latest ships and the fact that they sail to Bermuda,one would think that Celebrity would do 7 day sailings to Canada/New England for the time has come for the line to re-think there cruises as I am sure many repeaters would like to see this type of cruise because I know I would and would think that there would be others as well.

How about it Celebrity...any chance...or pretty much the same as a snowball in Hades?
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Canada/New England cruises

Sure hope you printed your thoughts and sent a letter to Richard Sasso, president of Celebrity and to the new Marketing vice president in Miami. As a New Englander, I would even consider that route. Black Falcon pier in Boston is definetly underutilized and would be a great point of embarkation. Of course I don't know the laws and parameters for cruise ships to gain a berth in our state Capitol. Good suggestion though. The Summer sailing season is so short it would be a perfect off season venue for a Celebrity ship.
Old May 24th, 2001, 07:23 PM
BEAV

We are having to "defect" to NCL to do a 12-day Canada/New England cruise this Fall. I'd book instantly with Celebrity if they'd schedule an itinerary North of New York.
Old May 24th, 2001, 09:30 PM
NJmatt

Default Email address for Top Celebrity Execs

Now that I have received some feedback if anyone out there has any email addresses of any of the "top Brass" at Celebrity I would be very grateful, or for
Celebrity Cruises in general.

Thanks
Matt
Old May 25th, 2001, 01:16 PM
travler

Folks,
Great idea and I would like to do a coastal cruise on Celebrity, too. However, don't pick on Celebrity or specifically Richard Sasso. The only viable way that this could be accomplished is to write your US Senator. "Do what?", they said. As I understand it, the Jones Act prevents what you're talking about. Basically, it has to do with domestic maritime trade. So, before we find a reason to lambast Celebrity, for something they have no control over, do some research and call for a lobbying effort. Celebrity does everything possible, as do other cruise lines, for us, their customers.
BTW - where does the NCL cruise begin and end?
Travler
Old May 26th, 2001, 07:07 AM
Passenger

Royal Caribbean does a New England/Canada cruise out of Boston.
Old May 26th, 2001, 08:45 PM
Babette

What we are talking about is a cruise starting in Boston.... and visintg Canadian ports... Saint John, Halifax, Montreal, etc.

Currently, if you just count the North American lines... from the end of August through October, if you just count two berths per cabin there are over 50,000 berths available for fall foliage cruises!!! I was shocked to see so many!!!

Juddging from the heavy discounting I've seen for the fall, I don't know how lucrative this itinerary would be for Celebrity vis a vis late season in Bermuda.
Old May 30th, 2001, 09:31 AM
First Mate

I just got an email from White Travel for a 13 day New England cruise out of New York for 659 pp inside and 759 pp outside, plus port charges on a brand new ship, the Star. Were booked on the Summit for Oct but are thinking of swithching. Excpet New England can get cold in October. Any thoughts?