Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Why pay more for Cat 1A vs 1B vs 1C?

The only difference is the deck the cabin is on. Surely one deck up or down doesn't make that much difference? Any other perks that may not be obvious?
Thanks for any info, Gail
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2001, 08:37 PM
Yes2Cruising

Default Re: Why pay more for Cat 1A vs 1B vs 1C?

After some research, it is the deck only. Have found no other perks so far.
Old May 24th, 2001, 08:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Depending on the individual tastes, the deck may be important--the location on
the deck even moreso. In our experience in is important to have one deck above
and one below with cabins. 'This insures a more quiet location. In addition, if
ship motion is any concern, the closer to mid ship the better. Just some random
thoughts.
Old May 24th, 2001, 10:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

The major difference between an 1A and a 1B or 1C is the overhang of the deck above the 1A cabins. If you don't mind a lot of shade and little vertical view, go for the 1A. Otherwise, do not book a category higher than a 1B. The next time you see a side photo of the ship, you'll notice what I'm talking about. Not to mention the blocked view by the supports of the catillevered deck.

Other than an inferior view, they are the same cabin.
Old May 30th, 2001, 02:13 PM
hct

we enjoyed being one flight away from casual dining for breakfast & lunch, & the pool area...our location made it easy to get anywhere & did not involve ever having to walk long corridors..there was no noise from the deck above
Old May 30th, 2001, 06:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for your comments! We were upgraded from a 1B to a 1A and I was worried about the noise. We have a 12 and 14 year old so being one floor down from the pool will make life a bit easier.
Happy cruising! Gail
Old June 1st, 2001, 03:25 PM
Passenger

When I booked my cruise, Cats 1A, 1B & 1C were all the same price presumably because the cabins are all the same and the only difference is the deck and location of the cabins on each deck.

Originally, I booked a 1A and after pouring over the deck plans and online reviews, decided to switch to one deck below to a 1B. When I was on the Galaxy last April 2001, I overheard a women whose cabin was one deck directly below the band at the main pool area, could hear the band playing in her cabin. I had also read that on the Millennium, on the Sky deck in the area below the Cosmos lounge, they could hear the music every night until 2am -- and that 2 decks below!

I didn't want to chance it and changed my cabin from the sky deck to one deck below, the Panorama. My original cabin cat. 1A would have been near the bar in main pool area.
Old June 1st, 2001, 05:25 PM
ori corraini

We have 9164 handicapped cabin on the sky deck. Could anyone check on the hallway width coming around the corner to the aft cabins?
We are on the Infinity on the Aug 17 sailing
Thanks,
Ori
Old June 2nd, 2001, 05:43 AM
stefan

When I booked this cruise my travel agent also recommended to get a 1B on the Panorama deck (versus a 1A on Sky deck) since she also mentioned that in addition to the possible noise that 1A cabins are darker because of the balcony overhang..