Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2001, 08:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default A Hard Blow

O.K. This is our first cruise with Celebrity and the brochures say the rooms come with blow dryers. I have thick, medium length hair. Does anyone know the wattage of the dryers aboard the Infinity? Will I need to bring mine from home? Also, do they frown upon bringing alcohol on board? Looking forward to Nov. 3rd!
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2001, 08:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: A Hard Blow

The dryers are never good enough for my husbands thick hair, so it won't take up much room to bring another.
Be discreet with alcohol, although we had no problem purchasing it onboard and taking it right to our cabin. The prices were good.
Loved the Infinity, we are going on the Summit on Nov. 23rd.
Have a wonderful trip.
Cher
Chat Host
Old May 31st, 2001, 10:48 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi Brenda,

If you take your own hairdryer (something I always do on all cruiselines), you can do your hair while sitting at your dressing table and you've freed up the bathroom. If you are taking other electric appliances like shavers, toothbrushes, etc, bring an electric strip too so you will have multiple plugs available.

Carole
Old June 1st, 2001, 08:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Bring your own dryer!
On the Millie in Feb. our carry ons were not searched so although we could have had liquor, we didn't.
You'll have a great time.
Old June 1st, 2001, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Sailed on the Horizon, Century, Mercury and the Millennium (this past February). There was a duty free shop at check in where they were selling liquor. You could pick it up before sailing and take it to your room. They were emphasizing that it was for in room consumption.

Otherwise, I did have some already and carried it on my carry on no problem. Another hint, purchase miniatures, wrap the bottles in snack bags and pack in your suitcase.
Old June 2nd, 2001, 09:17 PM
Passenger

I found that Celebrity hairdryers heat up really quickly..bring your own.
Old June 4th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Hi, Brenda ...

It would be hard to dry a bald cat with the usual in-cabin hairdryers. A small, 1600 watt, international hair dryer costs about $16 and will fit in a shoe.

The dryers are wall-mounted in the bathroom.

Either bring along a power strip or a very short extension cord or a cube tap to give yourself more electrical opportunities.

Be discreet with your booze and nobody will care. Celebrity's policy is MUCH different than the reality. On Millennium, it was "sign and carry". Used to be, it was delivered on the last night out. Apparently, that's no longer the case.

pamda -- CM Utility Infielder