Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2001, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Default Dancing on Millennium Class Ships?

We've booked a cruise on the Summit later this year. We have cruised Celebrity six times, but none on the new Millenium class ships. We love to dance and would appreciate any info on the dance venues (disco & rendez-vous lounge) of these new ships. Size of dance floors? Crowd? Type of Music? Open late?
Thanks,
Patrick
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2001, 11:11 AM
Benjamin Smith

Default Re: Dancing on Millennium Class Ships?

I think these ships have taken a step backwards because the dance floor is gone in the nightclub. Actually, the feeling of a nightclub is gone. These Platinum clubs, actually feel like richly appointed waiting rooms housing the Martini Bar and Champagne Bar. Music is heard from below and one can look down at the folks in the Rendezvous. For me, the nightclub, its aft location, layout, design, decor, was a huge part of the Celebrity experience - and it was different than the Rendezvous.

The Rendezvous lounge actually has a large dance floor, larger than any of the other fleet. The Cosmos/Constellation lounge has a large dance floor as well, probably a bit bigger than Mercury/Galaxy's Stratosphere/Navigator. But those are the only 2 lounges that have dance floors.

Type of music is the same, duo and combos in Rendezvous, combos and disco in Cosmos/Constellation.

I'm curious to see what you think of Celebrity essentially losing the nightclub.
Old June 4th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Dancing on Millennium Class Ships?

I agree with Benjamin on the size of the dance floors in the Rendezvous and Cosmos on the Millennium. I felt they were much larger than on many 90's+ style ships; Celebrity/RCI @ Viking Crown Lounge & Princess (Sea) that we have sailed upon these last 6 years. There never seems to be enough space when a good band is playing but when we were in the lounges after 2nd. seating, the dance floors were full with some very "almost" professional style dancers. Cosmos becomes the disco by midnight and as Celebrity does not cater to singles and the disco crowd, it is hard to say how popular their dance music is but it is available. Their other bars: Atrium, Extremes, are just for siitting and relaxing. There is no place to dance in the Atrium area. Have a great cruise and enjoy every minute of your vacation.
Bon Voyage