Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Alaska Cruiser

Default Celebrity Boarding Procedures

In their March 25, 2001 review of the Millennium <http://www.cruisereviews.com/rci/Millennium8.htm>, Tom & Mary Milan made the following statement about Celebrity boarding procedures.

"Celebrity has instituted a new boarding procedure. They now allow you to board as early as 10:30 A.M.. They give you a print out that tells what's available to you and the lounges, deck areas, pools and dining areas you can go to until your cabin is ready. Cabins are available for occupancy at approximately 1:00. This is a great idea. It allows the passengers to have a drink, eat, use the pools and Jacuzzis or just look around the ship. It also gives the cabin stewards additional time to have your cabin in immaculate condition."

Here is my question for recent Celebrity passengers. Does this policy appear to still be in effect? Is it fleet-wide, or this just for Florida embarkations? I'm going on the June 22 Mercury Vancouver to Seward cruise. I'm wondering if we will be able to board this early.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2001, 06:16 PM
AR

Default Re: Celebrity Boarding Procedures

The same procedure was instituted in the Mediterranean last fall. According to Jim Cannon, ours was the first cruise they tried it on. I've since heard from several sources that they're still doing it, so I imagine it's probably across the board.

Obviously a very good idea.

AR
Old June 10th, 2001, 06:33 PM
georgel

I think it will be a good question that someone can ask Jim during his on-line chat on Monday.
Old June 12th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Admiral

They were doing it on the Millie in February and I'm sure hoping they are doing it in the Med, sailing on the Millie again August 11.
Old June 12th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Phyllis Bickford

Some friends and I are going to be on Mercury, June 29, Seward to Vancouver.

We will be on a cruise of Resurrection Bay until 5 pm the day we are to board the Mercury. Does anyone know how this affects our boarding procedures? I am assuming since the ship does not leave until 8 or 9 pm, it is just fine to board about 6 pm.

Any advice or comment would be appreciated.
Old June 12th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Phil Mcleod

our agent said you can board that early and they have lunch for you on our July6 date coming up. Hope this helps
Old June 12th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Cynthia

That is the way it was done last week on the Galaxy in Europe.