Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2001, 03:37 PM
citygirlmk

Default Booking Shore Excursions

i'm having a heck of a time booking shore excursions with celebrity. i went into the website and tried to book my bermuda shore excursions, but noticed that they have my 11-year-old son categorized as an adult! (which means he'd have to pay an adult rate for the excursions if i booked it online.) so, i called celebrity to ask them how to rectify that. the customer service person told me to call the excursions desk at their toll free number. well, it's now been five hours and i'm STILL trying to get through to the excursion desk. at hour number four, i called the celebrity customer service desk again and asked if there was another number i could call to talk about my problem. they told me to "just keep trying - they must be busy". anyone else have a problem with booking shore excursions through celebrity? does it make more sense to just wait and book when i get on the ship? my only fear is that the more popular excursions will be fully booked by that time... help!

maria :o)
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Booking Shore Excursions

I'd call your travel agent and have them make sure that the booking reflects the fact that your son is not an adult. I imagine that the shore excursion names are taken as a feed from the booking information and he may be in the original booking with Celebrity as an adult.

After this is done, then it should take a day or so for it to filter to the excursion information.
Old June 13th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Maria, I would not worry too much about booking shore excursions for Bermuda. That is one destination which you can do on your own even with a child so easily. The Pink bus system is great- reasonable and easy to get from one end of the island to the other. The caves are great as is a hike up Gibbs Lighthouse. Just get off the bus at the Sonesta and walk up the hill. If you want to book a glass bottom boat tour you can do so right in downtown Hamilton. Have a wonderful cruise.
Bon Voyage
Old June 13th, 2001, 03:09 PM
citygirlmk

well, cruiseaholic - thank you! i contacted my ta and lo and behold, celebrity had my 11-year-old listed as a teenager (14-17 year-old group). he asked that i wait 24 hours before trying to book my excursions on the celebrity website to give them time to update their records and i should be back in business! thankyou!!

maria :o)
Old June 15th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Robie

Do Bermuda on the bus. Shore excursions are not necessary in Bermuda. Been 8 times and have seen it all. Buy a 3 day pass. It's good for all buses and ferry transportation. Must sees include St. George, Dockyard, Botanical Gardens, Caves,Southshore beaches (Horseshore or Elbow) and Hamilton. Have fun, relax and enjoy. Skip the ship's excursions!
Old June 15th, 2001, 09:43 AM
citygirlmk

my boys are looking forward to the helmet diving and snorkeling excursions. other than that, we'll do the "bermuda by bus" thing. two weeks and counting!!!