Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2001, 04:16 PM
SuzieQ

Default Are tips put on shipboard acct?

Does Celebrity automatically charge tips for your cabin steward, dining staff to your account or do you still tip in cash as you see fit at the end of the cruise?

Just asking because I've read that some lines are now automatically billing tips to passengers shipboard accounts and then the passenger can either let it stand or make a trip to the pursers desk to cancel the charges or adjust the amounts.

If I use the spa, can I charge the tip to Celebrity's shipboard account or should I have cash handy?
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Are tips put on shipboard acct?

No, on Celebrity ships you still give cash tips in the envelopes they provide for the waiter, waiter assistant, restaurant manager, stateroom attendant, butler (if you have a suite) and chief housekeeper. The only tips automatically charged to your shipboard account will be 15% for drinks - and 10% for a spa service. In the spa, there is a line to add more if you desire. No cash!
Old June 12th, 2001, 04:52 PM
SuzieQ

Default Re: Are tips put on shipboard acct?

Thankyou for the answer!