Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2001, 08:13 PM
First Mate

Default July 6th Infinity???

Well, we are less then 4 weeks away from our cruise and getting very excited! Any others out there who would like to chat about it? I am traveling with my husband and 6yr old son. We are arriving the day before and staying at the Waterfront Centre Hotel (great corporate rates). This is our first cruise.

We managed to get a Cat 3 cabin (8183). We were originally booked in a 1B. Everyday I looked at the Celebrity web site and one day there were 4 Cat 3's available. I grabbed one and the next day they were all gone. For excursions we are doing Coastal Helipcopters in Juneau and the Train-Bus ride in Skagway. We're not sure about Ketchikan yet. We are scheduled for the late seating. I plan to feed my son early and then he'll go to the children's program. I know that he can't sit at a table for more than an hour (and that's pushing it). At night, I want to relax and have adult conversation.

After the cruise we are staying 4 additional nights at the Four Seasons in Vancouver. My husband has a conference there. That part is on the company.

I hope to hear from others!

Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:19 AM
Sandie

Default Re: July 6th Infinity???

Bonnie,
We sailed on Infinity during her April 7th sailing to Hawaii. We were in cabin 8183! If you would like to see photos of your cabin, check out my web site on the cruise http://members.home.net/sf1776
It is quite a roomy cabin, and should be very nice while you are cruising past glaciers.
Infinity should be "recovered" before your sailing.
Have a grand cruise! Alaska, both interior and the cruise, was one of our favorite trips.
Sandie
Old June 15th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Phil Mcleod

sounds great and we are on Mercury July 6 out of Vancouver. Is waterfornt Centre in Vancouver? We need one nite as we are staying in Victoria 7/3-7/5 before boarding on 7/5 afternoon. If not can we stay on husband's credit card at Four Seasons? Just kidding. Have a great trip. did you book Coastal Helicopters thru Celebrity or on your own. If so what are phone and E address? ThanksBonnie wrote:
>
> Well, we are less then 4 weeks away from our cruise and
> getting very excited! Any others out there who would like to
> chat about it? I am traveling with my husband and 6yr old
> son. We are arriving the day before and staying at the
> Waterfront Centre Hotel (great corporate rates). This is our
> first cruise.
>
> We managed to get a Cat 3 cabin (8183). We were originally
> booked in a 1B. Everyday I looked at the Celebrity web site
> and one day there were 4 Cat 3's available. I grabbed one and
> the next day they were all gone. For excursions we are doing
> Coastal Helipcopters in Juneau and the Train-Bus ride in
> Skagway. We're not sure about Ketchikan yet. We are scheduled
> for the late seating. I plan to feed my son early and then
> he'll go to the children's program. I know that he can't sit
> at a table for more than an hour (and that's pushing it). At
> night, I want to relax and have adult conversation.
>
> After the cruise we are staying 4 additional nights at the
> Four Seasons in Vancouver. My husband has a conference there.
> That part is on the company.
>
> I hope to hear from others!
>
> Bonnie
Old June 15th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Lanz

Hi Bonnie, we're right behind you on the July 13 sailing. Hope the Infinity is alive and well and stays that way. Could you give me more information on the Waterfront hotel. Need a one night stay in Vancouver that's not too expensive.
Old June 17th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Ellie Mae

You scored with the Cat 3, I think you will have a great time!
Old June 17th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Claudia

We're on Infinity 7/6 and at Waterfront Centre the night before. It's a nice hotel and if you get up early you can watch the cruise ships come in under Lion's Gate Bridge. Very cool. We're on the millie in Dec cat 3. I'd like to know how you like that category. We have 10 and 12 year old girls.
Old June 19th, 2001, 08:21 PM
First Mate

Claudia:

I also plan to watch the Infinity sailing back to Canada Place. I will be on a 3 hour time difference coming from NY so I'm sure I'll get up early enough to see it. I can't wait to see the Infinity in person. Have you planned any excursions yet? These boards have been a great help.

Lanz: The Fairmont Waterfront Center phone # is 800-441-1414. Their web site is www.fairmont.com. They are across the street but connected to Canada Place where the Infinity docks. They also transfer your luggage directly to the ship. I didn't say they were inexpensive, but they do have good corporate rates if applicable. Also the exchange rate helps. We are getting a deluxe room for $200 US dollars including breakfast.

Any others on Infinity July 6th?

Bonnie
Old June 21st, 2001, 04:20 PM
Lanz

We're taking the Orca whale watching tour out of Juneau. The boards have had great reviews on this independent tour. We've also booked the train out of Skagway. I'm going to call the Watercentre and see what kind of rate I can get.
Lana
Old June 21st, 2001, 07:57 PM
First Mate

Lanz:

You might be out of luck with the Waterfront Centre. I called them the other day and they told me I was lucky to get a room for one night because now it is a 2 night minimum. I booked this awhile ago.

I was debating about combining the Helicopter with Ocra Whale watching. I thought it would take up too much time in the day. From previous posts it seems that there was a great amount of wildlife viewed. I guess you can't do everything. I leave 2 weeks from today. Can't wait!

Bonnie
Old June 22nd, 2001, 10:48 AM
Lanz

Have a Great Cruise!