Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2001, 10:40 AM
Cara

Default SS United States

I'm sailing on the July 6th departure of the Infinity and wondering about the SS United States. Is this a 'don't miss' experience? If so, is there any particular evening that is better to go than others? And finally - if I make a reservation now - do I have the option of cancelling it once I board the ship?

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2001, 01:27 PM
lagoonpoint

Default Re: SS United States

Yes, it is a 'must-see'. Yes, you can make the reservation ahead and then cancel if you decide. The night depends upon your preference. Some people like to go there on the formal nights (Saturday and Wednesday) since they are dressing up anyway. Others don't want to miss out on the formal nights with their 'tablemates' in the dining room. And of course, you may not want to miss the baked Alaska (Wednesday night). And...it depends upon whether you would prefer not to miss some of the hours in port. (Infinity stays late in Juneau [Sunday], Skagway [Monday], and Wednesday [Ketchikan]. In that case, you may want to chose Tuesday, since that is the Hubbard Glacier day and you are well out of the glacier sightseeing by mid-afternoon, with penty of time to get dressed up for the 'SS'. Hope this helps.
Old June 18th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Cara

Thanks for the advice!

Can you tell me which are the formal nights on the cruise??? We're taking the 7 day cruise of the Inside Passage on Infinity - sounds like the same one you did...
Old June 18th, 2001, 03:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

We took the 5/11 Infinity to Alaska. The formal nights were Saturday and Thursday nights. Don't miss the U.S. States, it was fantastic. Be sure to plan on 2 1/5 to 3 hours for the dinner. Have Fun....
Old June 18th, 2001, 10:12 PM
lagoonpoint

The formal nights are Saturday (at sea) and Wednesday (Ketchikan).
Old June 19th, 2001, 11:10 AM
Cara

Does anyone know if I can book the SS United States before I sail? My travel agent seems to think I have to wait until I board....
Old June 19th, 2001, 02:09 PM
Pooh Bear

You'll have to wait until you board. We visited the restaurant and made reservations after getting settled into our stateroom.

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old June 19th, 2001, 04:20 PM
ehogan

I called Celebrity before our cruise and asked if we could pre-book the U.S. restaurant before sailing, however they said it had to be booked on board.

It is better to go and book in person once you are checked in.