Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2001, 03:48 AM
Yeoman

Default wheelchair help

I have submitted this question to the disabled board, but want to post it as well on this board and RCI in case you had a friend in a wheelchair. My question is this: I was on Celebrity Infinity June 1 and the entire staff (it seemed) pushed me around in my wheelchair during all the meals at the cafe and were extremely helpful throughout other areas of the ship when I was alone. I was wondering if the staff is this helpful on other Celebrity ships or RCI ships?
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2001, 12:06 AM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: wheelchair help

I've been on all three of the Celebrity Century class ships and what I've seen is the same as what you have experienced. The staff is obviously well trained and handle wheelchairs with no problem. I have never even SEEN a passenger in a wheelchair on RCI so can't help you there. Two other good lines for people in wheelchairs are Princess. Princess has a vice president in charge of disabled seervices so they are right on the cutting edge. My travel agent was on Grand Princess a couple of years ago. She has a client in a wheelchair and asked to see a handicap cabin. She said it was the most impressive handicap cabin she has EVER seen. The other cruiseline that's good with wheelchairs in Holland America. While the average of the passengers is coming down slowly, for awhile they only had elderly passengers onboard and got their experience then. We were on the Amsterdak last Spring and there were many passengers in wheelchairs and they were all getting around without any problem.

Carole
Old July 1st, 2001, 10:53 AM
trvlcarib

Default Re: wheelchair help

My wife is in a chair and I must say EVERY Celebrity ship is like this. We have been on Horizon, Zenith, Millennium and now getting ready for Summit (01-14-02). We have also been on RCL and Norwegian and must say the extra help has always been better on Celebrity. Every time she pulls up to a buffet line its like an assembly line, all the workers come over and help. I love to see my wife so happy. This is why we always come back to Celebrity.