Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2001, 11:51 AM
WB

Default Galaxy 10/19

Muy wife and I will be cruising on the Galaxy on its Southern Caribbean itinerary on Oct 19. We are a couple in our 30s with no kids. This is our first cruise. Is anybody else out there on the same cruise? We are trying to decide what to do when we get to the various ports. We are trying to avoid the crowded buses, beaches and such that I have read about happening on cruise ship planned shore excursions. Would love to hear from anybody who is taking this cruise, itinerary, or who has been to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados or Aruba.

Thanks in advance,
WB
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2001, 05:31 PM
hctjdc

Default Re: Galaxy 10/19

We are doing the same cruise in March so please post a review or some tips inline with your inquiry above. Have a great time!
Old July 13th, 2001, 10:49 PM
Kay Tee

We are a couple in our 50s, first time cruisers, travelling without children (to their sorrow) to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We are booked on the same cruise as you. Sorry, I cannot answer any of your questions. But I hope we all have a great time, and perhaps we'll get to say hello.
Old July 16th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Admiral

We are booked on 11/2 for the same cruise but have toured the majority of these islands. On St. Thomas, just take a taxi to Maegen's Bay. When you return stop in town for the obligatory shopping spree. Or, return to the ship for lunch then take the Paradise Tram across the street for a great panoramic view then shop in Havensight Mall. Most of the same major shops are represented here with same values as downtown without the crowds. At Aruba, take the city bus to Palm Beach or a 1/2 day tour which would include the Lighthouse, Natural Bridge, caves and Baby Beach. When you return, grab lunch on board, and take the bus to Palm beach for some late afternoon sun. At Barbados, I do recommend Harrison's Caves. I understand you can hire a taxi tour to include that stop 1st, before the ship's tours arrive. We haven't done St. Kitts yet, but plan to take a 304 hr. taxi tour. As long as you don't plan you day to run late in the afternoon, you will be fine. Go onto Cruisecritic.com and check out posts from BARBADOS. He lives in the USA but stays on Barbados several months of the year. He has had a lot of helpful hints to me and many others. Look forward to hearing from you when you return.
Bon Voyage
Old July 18th, 2001, 02:57 PM
James F. Frye

We were in the Eastern Caribbean last July on Sea Princess.
There were NO excursions preplanned by Princess, so you just go ashore and do what ever you want. But remember, there are probably 1800 other people doing the same thing.

If there are activities ashore, they will be offerred to you on the beach, first come, first server.

Good luck with the crowds!
Old July 20th, 2001, 03:13 AM
Deb & Keith

My wife and I are booked on the 10/19/01 Galaxy with another couple we have cruised with several times in the past. Our first cruise on Celebrity, the past cruises were on Royal in the Carribbean. We are in our early 40s, and our freinds are in their early 30s. Looking forward to our first cruise in the southern Carribbean.

See you there,

KP & DP