Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2001, 01:42 AM
Passenger

Default Millenium class ships - room help needed!

Hi -

We're ready to book on the Infinity but need help to choose a room. I don't know how much of a choice we'll have in rooms, but we are looking at a category 1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, or 2C. Do any of you have any advice as to which specific cabins in these categories to avoid and which are great cabins? There seems to be a wide range in verandah sizes within these categories.

I know that I don't want to be under the pool. Is it bad to be in an aft cabin on the sky deck? These cabins are under the grill. Do they move around the chairs in the grill area early in the morning like they do the pool chairs?

Can people look down off the upper decks onto the verandahs? On the aft cabins? Along the sides of the ship?

We thought we'd try for the aft cabins on the panorama deck (#8), but I'm not sure there will be any available.

What about the rooms that have angled verandahs, such as 8045, 8046, 8161, etc.? Any reason not to book these? Cabins 6143 and 6144 look great - what am I missing?

Any information will be appreciated!
Thanks!

Patti
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2001, 07:51 AM
donnajo

Default Re: Millenium class ships - room help needed!

Patti,
any of the cabins that have a balcony are beautiful! I've been in a 2C and a 1A.
The 1A was longer by about 2 feet and the balcony was slightly larger, however, if there are only two people in the room, you will be fine in a 2C. If there's not much price difference, then you may want to consider the Cat. 1's. The 1A's have a larger overhang above the veranda and will provide a little more shade than the others. Hope this info helps. Oh and location wise, the ship is large and very stable, so you don't need to be dead center. The pool won't bother you, but the grill might! Happy sailing!
Old July 17th, 2001, 08:21 AM
First Mate

We were in a 2c-- forward 6027-- (penthouse deck) and the decks were very large-- much larger than those on the deck above us and those towards the middle of the ship. -- half of the deck is covered, the other half open. It would be possible to lay in the sun there depending on t he time of day-- It would be great for 2 people-- we had 4 and it was hard to use the deck when the sofa (twin sleeper) was open. The pull down upper berth tho was not in the way at all--
Not sure what the p rice difference would be, but the xtra 2 feet of space might not be worth it--
Old July 17th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Admiral

We were in #6042 and I am not sure what Barbara is referring to as the size of the verandah on the majority Cat. 2A, B or C, (her cabin # included on Penthouse deck was a cat. 2C) is just 38 SF compared to a Category 1 A, B, or C at 41 SF. You have 2 chairs and a small table. The space is fine for relaxing, enjoying sail away with a drink, but not for sun bathing, unless you just like to stretch out using both chairs IMHO. The Penthouse deck is well located for the dining rooms and theaters. Being close to the elevators was a benefit too with very little noise encountered. Our cruise was quite calm too.
Bon Voyage
Old July 17th, 2001, 11:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are scheduled for a 1B category on Deck 8--as you have noted these are a
little bit larger than some others. If you are subject to any motion sickness, you
are well advised to select a cabin as close to mid-ship as possible, and not too
high. In addition, we always make sure that our cabin is on a deck with one
passenger deck above and another below--this ensures a quieter location.
ENJOY, ENJOY
Old July 17th, 2001, 01:36 PM
Elisa

HI PATTI,

I AM ON THE INFINITY BOOKED FOR OCT.20TH IN A 1B CABIN, WHICH
IS CENTER SHIP. MY TA TOLD ME THAT MOST OF THE 1A,1B,1C ARE ALL THE SAME JUST LOCATED IN DIFFERENT AREAS. THE 2A, 2B, 2C ARE
A LITTLE SMALLER THAN THE 1A,1B, AND 1C'S. THE 1B'S AND 2B'S ARE LOCATED MORE CENTER SHIP AND THE A'S AND C'S ARE LOCATED EITHER TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE SHIP OR BACK OF THE SHIP...
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!...
Old July 17th, 2001, 04:31 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all the help! I just booked cabin 8172, an aft cabin on Panorama deck. I'm very excited - can't wait until January!

Patti