Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Admiral

Default Millennium Oversold?

Just tried to change our dining on the Millennium 8/11 and was told that the 1st and 2nd dining are 'oversold', now this really has me confused.

Obviously, the ship is oversold as I've never heard of 'oversold' dining. I'll certainly be heading to the maitre'd as soon as I board! Or there'll be lots of room service!

Wonder when they'll start trying to bump people?
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Robie

Default Re: Millennium Oversold?

Scream. Hope it helps. As a captains club member I am supposed to get confirmed seating. I had reserved a table for 8. I was part of a 120 people group. We were assigned to a table for 2 and told that nothing could be done since there were too many large groups on board. We kept complaining to the maitre'd to no avail. After 3 nights we threatened to disembark. We were then assigned to a table with 6 old( youngest was 81)mentally challenged people. We then asked to move again. At that point, they converted a table of 6 from our group to a table for 8. Why they didn't do this at first? Don't know. We spent a lot of energy and 4 lonely nights trying to get a table that was part of our group.
Old July 18th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Admiral

I am a Captains Club member and we are confirmed for early seating, but prefer late.
Old July 18th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

The OLD MENTALLY CHALLANGED PEOPLE were probably better off without you Robie
Old July 18th, 2001, 08:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you have a cabin assignment it is difficult to understand that there is not a
seat in the dining room. I would ask my TA to talk with Celebrity. If your TA is
unable to solve the problem, I would get another TA next time. This is the kind
of thing that a good TA will take care of. Hope you can resolve it.
Old July 20th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Anchors Away

My guess is that "oversold" doesn't mean, more people than seats. It just means that they have assigned all but the tables that they hold back. I've read a lot of posts where people say, "I wanted first seating, but I was assigned second, so I went to the Maitre De on the first day and he changed it." Well, how did he have an available table to make the change after the passenger was already told first seating was full? It must be because "full" doesn't mean full, and they hold some tables back. You case is more unusual because both seatings are "full". I would be nervous too, but I'm sure they still have some tables available, so don't worry about it too much. Enjoy your cruise.
Old July 20th, 2001, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Diana

I just got back from the Millenium and we had the early seating. The early seating was absolutely lovely and we could see all the earlier shows and we were always back on time from excursions, there were no problems. However, last year was at late seating and there were no problems there either,w e had a little bit more time to get ready but it was just as nice.There were many complaints on the Millenium about seating. People were shoving and pushing in line to see the Maitre De about changing there early seats to late, or late to early, but in my opinion people need to be more flexible about there seating. I would not worry about them overbooking, that also happened on the cruise but everyone still had a reserved seat in the dining room. Please, future Millenium cruisers, do not be too picky about seats, enjoy your cruise, its worth it in the end.Anchors Away wrote:
>
> My guess is that "oversold" doesn't mean, more people than
> seats. It just means that they have assigned all but the
> tables that they hold back. I've read a lot of posts where
> people say, "I wanted first seating, but I was assigned
> second, so I went to the Maitre De on the first day and he
> changed it." Well, how did he have an available table to
> make the change after the passenger was already told first
> seating was full? It must be because "full" doesn't mean
> full, and they hold some tables back. You case is more
> unusual because both seatings are "full". I would be nervous
> too, but I'm sure they still have some tables available, so
> don't worry about it too much. Enjoy your cruise.
Old July 28th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Pooh Bear

Good for you! Robert. I'm seeing waaaay too many negative/disgusting remarks on this board for some reason regarding the elderly.

Seems that there are some folks who think the older cruisers should be dumped overboard. They don't seem to realize that like that "other thing" that "HAPPENS" - so does OA (old age) - and surprise!!! it will happen to Robie, too! (Some day - when he's/she's not looking, without doubt!)

Folks - talk nice or don't talk at all.

Pooh Bear
(While not there yet - I hope I'm able to LIVE WELL INTO my 80's - it is SURE AS HECK BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE!)