Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2001, 11:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Millenium - Olympic Restaurant

I'm booked on the 11/4 Millenium cruise and really want to eat at the Olympic Dining Room one evening. I'm traveling with my mother who has no intention of eating any place but the main dining room. (I can't figure that one out!) But my question is would they accept a reservation for 1 person and if they did, would they put me at a table for 1 or seat with me other people? I'm thinking I might look real silly sitting their by myself eating. Let me know if you have any comments. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2001, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Millenium - Olympic Restaurant

Hi, Denise ...

I would just roll over to the Olympic dining room, once aboard, and ask if there are any other singles with whom you could be seated or a table you chould join.

They are very accomodating.

Just tell mom that you will spring for the $25/pp charge if she will buy the wine.

It's an experience you will never forget.

pamda

p.s. Check the home page for my story about it ... maybe that will change Mom's mind ???
Old August 3rd, 2001, 06:02 PM
AR

If you're really worried about "looking silly" to others while eating alone, try to forget about it. No one else will notice or care. And if they do, it's their problem.

If, on the other hand, you're afraid that you will personally feel uncomfortable eating alone (because of no one to talk to, etc.), then follow Pam's advice.

And maybe try this: there's a wonderful foyer to the restaurant, with a very nice video about the history, menu, etc. From there, when the maitre d' is around, you can go in to the paneled room to make reservations, etc. Take Mom along on this little journey. I'll give you odds she changes her mind when she sees it. I truly can't imagine anybody who lays eyes on that place not wanting to eat there.

AR
Old August 3rd, 2001, 10:41 PM
Glenn Fairhall

G'day Denise,

I have exactly the same problem....I'm also booked on the 4th November Millennium cruise and my travelling companions are not too interested in paying extra for the Olympic....I think its a must do to, so I'll probably be dining single as well....maybe we can get a group of singles together and book a big table !!!

Glenn
Aussie Traveller
Sydney Australia
Old August 3rd, 2001, 11:02 PM
First Mate

i have no idea why you would even care if it looks silly
actually the tables are very small -- and a table for 2 would be the right size for 1!

the waiters are very friendly -- and it really doesnt take as long to eat as they say -- unless you order lots of wine/
Old August 4th, 2001, 02:07 AM
Admiral

The tables are for 2, 4, and 6. Same on Infinity and Summit, so far as I know.

It took us three hours to work our way through dinner. And we enjoyed every minute. And the wine.

There will probably be a "solo" gathering early on, so it might make sense to say, "Who wants to eat in the Olympic?" It's probably a good bet that the Cruise Director or Social Hostess would get into the deal and make sure it happens.

I don't care how good the food is, I hate to eat alone.

pamda
Old August 7th, 2001, 01:36 AM
bel

I also will be on the Nov 4th sailing of the Millie and both my husband and myself are eagerly looking forward to this dining experience, like your mother my husband had to be convinced of the additional expense(we are Canadian-our dollar and all)and it's worth, but all the research and comments I've found have been very positive. We would be glad to have you join our table, you too Glenn, as we love to dine in the company of others while on board.
Counting the days!