Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Talliho

Default Hawaii on Mercury Oct. 10th, & anyone been in

Have been following info on the Celeb Website, as well as on another board, and called my TA to see if could get upgrade from my cat. 2, hoping for a Sky Suite. Well, I couldn't get a Sky Suite but did get a cat. 1 cabin (#1058) AND a $378 each refund! Anyone been in a cat. 1 cabin on Mercury? Is this considered suite? I didn't think so but from the website looks like it may be. Anyone out there on this cruise might want to check with their TA since looks like prices have gone down. Hope this means someone else will be happy to get bumped up to the cabin I'd had! Anyone else going on this cruise? Hoping to meet other posters on ship (there's also a post on Cruise Critic board from others on this cruise). Happy cruising everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2001, 12:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hawaii on Mercury Oct. 10th, & anyone been

We are booked on the Mercury for this cruise. The Mercury was our first cruise in 1998 (W. Caribbean in February). Since, we have been on the Galaxy, Horizon, and Millennium (our first veranda cabin). Also have been on Holland America Noordham and Commodore Enchanted Capri. We have a Cat. 2 on the Vista Deck. Got a special price on this one (through most excellent travel agent Lori Cunningham of Skyscraper Tours ) right here where we live in Arkansas. It would cost the price of 2 helicoptor tours to upgrade to a Sky Suite because of this price and reduced airfare. We have an excellent stateroom, midships with a veranda. This is our second trip to Hawaii, but first one cruising. We are really looking forward to this trip! The Big Island is our favorite and the Volcanos National Park a must see. You don't want to miss it!
Old August 15th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Talliho

Nice to hear from you Ken! Have also heard from several others via the Cruise Critic board and we'll be setting a time/place to meet on board. Counting the days...
Old August 15th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Karynanne

Hi Talliho & Ken,
Welcome!! Let's all stay in touch for our super cruise. Bill & I will be on board.
We upgraded to a Sky Suite, but it was only $84.00/pp. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to be pampered...
Old August 15th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Talliho

Hi Karynanne! We've been communicating on the other board. I couldn't get to Sky Suite but did get to Level 1 Suite, and was surprised as heck to get a refund to boot (had booked at Cat. 2). When we get closer we'll have to set up a meet on board for all us happy Hawaiian cruisers! Aloha!!
Old August 15th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Karynanne

Hi Talliho,
The Cat.1 is just like the Sky Suite, but with a smaller balcony. Enjoy it all & the Butler. I know we will. We'll keep in touch.
Karyn