Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Barbados Baldy

Default Captain's Club ???

We are sailing on Millie in October and plan on joing the Captains Club. This will be our first sailing with Celebrity. Do we need to wait til we get on ship to join or is it possible to join now?
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Captain's Club ???

The Captain's Club is for past cruisers--but you can join onboard your first cruise and get the benefit of early debarkation. Worth every penny of the $35!

Teri
Old August 11th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Barbados Baldy

Thanks for the info Teri!
Old August 11th, 2001, 10:42 PM
Lady Di

Captain's Club is great and worth every center ($35.00 per couple). We were told we could join after our first cruise with Celebrity which we did. The second time we sailed with them we got early embarkation with no waiting, captain get together for drinks and snacks, leather bound i.d. tags and a video of our choice of one of their ships and usually you get a upgrade. Just make sure you tell the travel agent that you care a Captain's Club member and have your number ready. Also bring the Captain's Club i.d. you wil be sent with you.
Old August 12th, 2001, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Barbados, I have read that you can join now. Contact the Celebrity's Captain's Club desk and ask if you can join. They will want a credit card but I understand they will give you membership numbers right over the phone. It takes about 6-10 weeks to get the memberships cards, so hurray and give it a try. It is worth the priority embarkation. Is this barbados from cruisecritics.com?
Bon Voyage
Old August 15th, 2001, 01:47 AM
Barbados Baldy

Nana,
Thanks for the info! I will give it a try in the morning or should I say in a few hours! Yep it be me from the cruisecritic site!
Old August 17th, 2001, 11:45 PM
flyfan

Let us know how you make out - we are sailing for the first of what we assume to be many trips in December and would love to do the same.
Old August 18th, 2001, 01:32 AM
Barbados Baldy

Fly,
I called the Celebrity Captin's Club line and the operator I got ahold of told me you have to complete a cruise with Celebrity to be ablt to purchase the Captins Club. So I guess we will try for this once we are on ship. I guess we just got to the Pursers desk when we get on ship to do this. Does anyone know?
Old August 18th, 2001, 10:35 AM
Passenger

Yes. Go to the pursers desk to sign up. From that point on, on your cruise, you should be invited to the Captains Club cocktail reception and get priority disembarkation. Enjoy your cruise.
Old August 19th, 2001, 01:00 AM
Barbados Baldy

Thanks so much for your patience with these silly questions from me about these things! We are really looking forward to trying Celebrity and will join as soon we board.
Old August 19th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Rob H

yes, the form is at the guest relation's desk but is mailed in to their head office with you proving a cheque or cc number. I'm not really sure if you get benefits right away. You do have a choice of a video and we choose Alaska , so it pays for itself.

Intersting enough, once we left the ship in Vancouver , we had our bags within 15 minutes and were through customs in another 15 minutes.
A very efficient shore team to help you.
In fact, when we departed, if your forms are all in order and filled out, we were on board withing 30 minutes.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 03:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

We took a cruise on the Mercury 2 years ago Thanksgiving. We went to the Customer Relations Desk as soon as we boarded the ship and signed up for the Captain's Club. We didn't have to "complete" the cruise to sign up. It's well worth the money. We've been on 2 Celebrity cruises since then and it's wonderful to be able to get on the ship immediately, while your friends are waiting on long, long lines. Only joking! However, that's the way it is. We were on a tour/cruise of Alaska in June. When our bus arrived at the port in Seward, a Celebrity representative came on board to instruct us as to where we were to go. She asked if there were any "Captain's Club" members aboard. My husband and I and another couple were led off of the bus first and sent to the "Captain's Club" desk. We were on the ship in a flash. Our friends spent a little longer on line. It's the same with disembarkation. You are in one of the first groups let off of the ship. You won't be sorry! Have a great trip!