Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2001, 10:58 PM
sascol

Default Adjoining Cabins

Has anyone ever stayed in a stateroom that has a door connecting it to the next cabin? My wife and I are sailing on the Summit to Hawaii next fall and I just noticed in the brochure that our cabin is connected to the one next door. Since we are travelling alone, we were just wondering if the door is heavy enough and if it seals securely so that it allows us ample privacy. What about sound? Will we be able to hear every word of the folks next door or is the door sealed well?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2001, 11:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Adjoining Cabins

Sasc..
We've stayed in adjoining cabins. Just like hotels.. basically two doors between.. both locked, so security is not an issue.
We couldnt hear our neighbors, even with the glass against the wall..

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 12th, 2001, 11:59 PM
Passenger

nope went on infinity and it sure wasn't airtight. We even had conversations with our british neighbors in the morning through the door. They even passed thier chocolates under the door to us
Old August 13th, 2001, 04:20 AM
Dale

About a year ago I stayed in a hotel in Sydney and as there was a connecting door checked to make sure it was locked, it was. About an hour later I could hear someone moving the handle in the next room but assumed they were just testing as I did. To my surprise a very nice asian couple appeared repeating "sorry, sorry" (as they spoke very little english). I don't think I was in any risk from this obviously embarassed couple but as I was staying a few days I didn't want any more surprises from future neighbours. I phoned housekeeping and they told me this could not happen, I told them it did. So up came security and rattled my handle to show my door would not open. Thank you, I said, but please humor a lady staying alone by going next door and trying from that side. Sure enough both doors opened! The neighbours door was then locked by a key and that solved the problem. I don't know if one of the door locks was faulty or how this happened but I have been very wary of connecting doors ever since.
Old August 13th, 2001, 08:39 AM
sascol

Thanks guys....keep them coming!
Old August 13th, 2001, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Not quite connecting doors, but funny.

Back when I was a flight attendant, the St. Moritz in New York was the crew hotel. They gave the airline good rates because they used the rooms that were up for renovation.

I was lazing on the bed in my undies one evening, contemplating my next move, when the door opened and a pilot walked in. He walked out very quickly.

He called when he finally got into HIS room to apologize. Seems he'd been in that room on another trip and hadn't returned the key. He just reached into his pocket, pulled out a key and traipsed to the room.

The cool part is that he was VERY handsome and QUITE single. We dated for about a year. How can you resist a guy whose come-on line is, "Do you look as good with your clothes on as you do with them off?"

pamda
Old August 13th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Dale

Story of my life. I get the tourist couple who speak no english and Pamda gets the young, single, handsome, silver-tongued pilot. On reflection, the issue isn't really connecting doors, but what is on the other side!
Old August 19th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on the Millenium and had an adjoining cabin --a mistake.
You can hear even normal conversation. Change if you can.