Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Cruiser1

Default CHANGING DINNER SEATING TIMES ON INFINITY

Hi,

We are a family of five travelling on Infinity 8/24/01 to Alaska. We have just booked a suite for my grandparents so that they may join us. However, the late seating (which we are assigned to) is full. So, they have placed them at early seating. I know it is tough because we only booked 12 days before sailing.

I know that once you get on board you should go and talk to the maitre 'd. What are the chances that they would move my grandparents up to late seating with us? At the same table?? (I know they have lots of round tables for six, and squeezing seven would not be very difficult).

Would the fact that we have booked three suites help the process?

I know people are always trying to switch dining times around, but I understand that the late seating is more popular in Alaska.

What are the chances of getting this switch done and having them at my table??
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2001, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: CHANGING DINNER SEATING TIMES ON INFINITY

If you're in suites, I would suspect the butler should be able to get this taken care of for U.
Otherwise, C the Maitre D as soon as possible ($20 in your palm won't hurt) and he'll do is utmost to please. Likely by day 2 u'll have your desired seating.
btw.. when we've sailed Alaska, early seating was surprisingly the more popular.

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 14th, 2001, 09:50 PM
sailinglisa

Approach the maitre'd as soon as you board, explain the problem and grease the palm (it never hurts). But, give him til the next day to get everything straightened out - it sometimes takes that long to accomodate everyone.
Old August 15th, 2001, 01:43 AM
Admiral

If you can book a suite this close to sailing, chances are that you are just getting bad information about the late seating being full.

The minute you get on the ship, go to the Redez-vous lounge or wherever the maitre d' and his cohorts are hanging out. The $20 ought not be necessary but it will help, if needed.

You can also ask for a table for eight with one chair removed.

I think your chances are excellent.

pamda
Old August 15th, 2001, 05:37 PM
M. Levine

If you are willing to put seven at a table for six you should absolutely have no problem (the tables are big and you should still be comfortable). Has your travel agent called the shoreside dining room manager-our travel agent once did that and it worked. I would not hesitate to stress that these are your grandparents and you are on a family reunion (by the way, that's wonderful!). If any in your party are Captain's Club members, let the matre 'd know that as well, I sometimes just bring my card and hold it in my hand. Finally, the butler should be able to take care of this as well. If all of this fails, which I really doubt, you should be able to make the change after the first night when people tend to shift. Have a wonderful time.
Old August 16th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Ralph Bias

All suite guests on ANY Celebrity ship are guaranteed the dining preference of their choice. Have your travel agent call Celebrity and fix it. This policy is stated the the brochure under "Suite Indulgances" policy
Old August 21st, 2001, 10:31 PM
jcpc

Your travel agent should definitely be able to take care of this prior to you even getting to the ship. Tell him or her to send a fax DIRECTLY to the Matire'd onboard the Infinity requesting late dining for all of you. With all the commission money your travel agent made by you booking three suites, he or she could certainly spring for the cost to send a fax directly to the ship (approximately $25).